slip yoke

As one whom is not an expert on lifts :oops:

I seam to remember there Might be a problem with 6.5" lift, with the drive shaft angle and the yoke binding........

So, I went searching, and fond this, from way back.......because I remember when this member had this problem.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7219&hilit=slip+yoke

Do a little reading and come to your own conclusions :D

I seam to remember there Might be a problem with 6.5" lift, with the drive shaft angle and the yoke binding........

So, I went searching, and fond this, from way back.......because I remember when this member had this problem.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... =slip+yoke

except that truck has way more than 6.5" of lift. i went with the SYE because i was having vibrations.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7219&hilit=slip+yoke

except that truck has way more than 6.5" of lift. i went with the SYE because i was having vibrations.

Besides seeing that MJ in person, and if you read the thread........

On the 7th post -

Have around 6.5" of lift. a Ford 8.8 SOA with 4x4 springs that have no sag.

So for comparison, Charles's MJ had the same lift the OP asked about :D

A slip yoke eliminator kit is a good investment, but you don't need it the way that an XJ or TJ would. We have a lot more wheelbase and so the angles are not as severe as they are in shorter Jeeps But your driveshaft will be a bit shorter than it should.

What rear axle do you have?

I run ~8" lift in the rear on a lwb, and run a YJ slip yoke mainly because it is longer. That together with the nose on the new axle being 1" longer allowed me to keep using the old driveshaft, even though it was still 1" shorter than perfect.

No binding issues at all, and don't think I would have them with the stock yoke either.

I have had a new driveshaft made since then because I turned the original into a candy cane.

Then you've gained an inch and it'll be much closer to stock. :thumbsup: Make sure you replace your u-joints though. they don't like drastic changes in operating angle and can cause vibrations.