AX15 swap.

Just got me a 96 Wrangler 4.0 with a busted AX15. I have a '87 Ax15, 4.0.From what I've gathered on my brief stay in CC the input on the 231 is different, 21vs23 spline. What I think I can do is swap the complete'87 tranny and tc into the Wrangler. Not sure about Ujoints. Will check them when I get there.Haven't tore either one down yet. Any comments appreciated. Jim

That might end up being a crazy headache. Putting the TJ trans in an MJ is one thing, I'm not sure if it's entirely wise to try and go the other way. :dunno: probably better to hunt down a TJ AX-15, or try to fix the broken trans (depends on what exactly went wrong).

I just love opening up worm cans. I haven't seen it yet. Just bought it over the phone. Guy calls me wanting to know if I had a AX15 for a 96 Wrangler. We talked. I bought it. Going in this afternoon and get it. And I do know a BA10 when I see it. Should know more about it when I get it home.

I hope I like the color. :rotf:

OOOPS, Had a I'm with Correy, an got to thinkin ( yes that was a rare experience) Went out an looked. The '87 is a BA10. To atone for my sin I am buying drinks for everybody that shows up between now and midnite. Jim

Transmission is good. Transfer case is good. Clutch is bad. Started it. Tried to shift into gear, just clashed gears, would not disengage transmission. Turned motor off. Trans in 1st. Start engine, accelerate, deaccelerate, severaltimes, go to2nd, repeat. Go to 3rd. did this in all 5 gears in both Hi and Lo range. Tran good. Clutch bad.

Dave, Sorry. Girl friend took one look and said "MINE"

Fella's got a 55 Chevy 1/2 t P/U with a 265. I'm gonna rebuild the engine an new clutch, pressure plate, an bearing. We call it even. Anytime I can substitute labor for money it's a good deal.

Dave, Sorry. Girl friend took one look and said "MINE"

Fella's got a 55 Chevy 1/2 t P/U with a 265. I'm gonna rebuild the engine an new clutch, pressure plate, an bearing. We call it even. Anytime I can substitute labor for money it's a good deal.

I figured , my wife really wants a yellow one , I started looking since my truck has been getting all the attention lately .

So I bought her a Vespa scooter to keep her mind off how much money is going the MJ .

Sorry for the :hijack: