zj springs in mj

hey i know this topic has been asked but i have the results.got some zj springs off of jage and put them in my mj. the over all lift was 1-3/4". pics $uck sorry.

before:

Image Not Found

after:

Image Not Found

now i need taller tires :brows:

bill

Yeah, I dropped the ball. I was going to use some Grand UpCountry springs, that I had laying around, but decided to get some 3 inch springs instead. I didn't want to install the springs and have to take it apart and add a spacer to make up the difference. I'm lazy. :oops:

i have a 2.8L, and made 2"spacers out of tire chocks. now these springs came out of a zj with an L6 not the v8. not sure if there would be any differance in rate. but i have close to a 4" front lift and it cost me $10. which is the amount my wife let's me spend on the truck anually. :jump:

ok i counted the wraps there are 9 large wraps and 1 small wrap at the top not sure where you started. they were a full wrap larger then the stock springs i took off. and it sits very level and firm. no DW either. i will admit i did have a hell of a time getting them on. my spring compressers sat on the ground laugh at me while i tried to "stretch" the suspension far enough to slip them in. and yes i disco'd the links, shocks and brakes.

before everybody gets too excited I'm not sure those are ZJ springs out of a 4.0L. They were given to me as parts along with the stock lower control arms and stock shocks of a ZJ that I later parted out. Then they went through the parts pile and mixed with other springs so I could have screwed it up.

I was fairly certain they were stock but huh, now I'm wondering.

Is the truck sitting level in front from side to side?

How many wraps are there in the coils? I've got a set of V8 ZJ springs ready to go in mine, and I've noticed that not only are the coils thicker, but there's 9 wraps compared to 8 on the MJ/XJ regular coils.

Jeff

How many wraps are there in the coils? I've got a set of V8 ZJ springs ready to go in mine, and I've noticed that not only are the coils thicker, but there's 9 wraps compared to 8 on the MJ/XJ regular coils.

Jeff

the coils are the same length on the V8 as the normal I6, but like you noted, the V8 has thicker coils (higher spring rate) and don't compress as far. look on rocklizardoutfitters.com (i think thats the site) and there is a little bit about V8 coils under the guides for the BB section.

100th post jamminz.gif :brows: