ever have one of "those" days?

mjeff87

it's my turn today.

All morning long here at the office (since 7 AM), I've been finding random coins lying all around the floor, pennies, dimes, etc. So, I've been picking them all up and pocketing them...thinking I'm the lucky dog here today. Must have gotten close to $1 in change so far. Gonna be a good day, Tater.

THEN, I just suddenly realized, I've got a small hole in my jeans pocket. All along, I've been dropping my own change and picking it up again. :dunce:

Thank gawd it's Friday, and it's a long weekend off.....

Jeff

i did that once with my trench coat. everything i put into the pocket that had a hole in it ended up at the bottom of the coat. i had to have my mother open up the bottom of the coat to get it out then sew it back up. lol.

eh, its a friday. we can get away with that stuff on fridays. you had your mind on wrenching on your MJ this weekend is what it is. :wrench:

Alex

I gots muy grande plans for the MJ this weekend, finally am setting aside some time to wrench on it. But mother nature might win out, at least tomorrow and Sunday here...tons of rain :cry: :cry: :cry: but I'm off Monday so at least I can get one day in.

It suck-diddley-ucks not having a garage.....

Jeff

OK, I'll be over in about, ohhhh say, 7 hours or so. I gotta run home first and check on the cats :D

air tools.....that's the "muy" part of the muy grande plans. Hopefully, I'll have OBA by Monday jamminz.gif

OBA would work well enough.

Wife bought me a 26 gallon vertical devilbiss. 11 CFM@40 psi. I like it. Gotta get hardlines run in the garage, right now I'm just using a 50ft hose to do the body work on the manche and it's a PITA to drag it around.

Well, that project got out of the gate pretty good, then went straight to #%#*&@

Seems my (brand new, mind you) alternator doesn't fit the AC bracket at all.....not even close. I either have to get a different alternator or an earlier style 2.5 AC/alternator bracket.

Anybody have either lying around? :D

Jeff

Are you trying to put the alternator where the AC was? I know on my '86 the alternator options were of 2, and the only difference was the mounting hole was relocated.

No, I'm adding a compressor to my (non-AC equipped) 2.5 to rig up OBA. I've got a stock compressor/alt bracket from an AC-equipped 2.5, which swaps in place of the non-AC alternator bracket my truck has now. The bracket bolts up, and the compresor bolts on top of it fine, but my alternator will not fit.

I looked on the Advance Auto site, and they list 2 different alternators....one for AC equipped, and one for non-AC. I either have to get a new alt (which I really don't want to do because the one I have is practically brand new) or find a bracket that will accept my alt. I think I know what the answer to that is, I just don't want to accept it :cry:

Here's what I'm starting with:

Image Not Found

and here's what I'm adding: (tie rod not included :D )

Image Not Found

Jeff

I have an alternator lying around. It's got a double V flywheel and came off a 2.8 L don't know if it would help

:cheers:

Thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna go back to the place I got my alternator a couple months ago and beg them to let me trade it back to them for an AC-version alternator that will fit.

Jeff

Don't worry, I'm gonna put a full post up in the Projects section with pics and step-by-step......just as soon as I find either the right alternator or bracket :cry:

BTW, I'm only 5'8" (when I wake up in the morning) :D I was just trying to get a "bird's eye" view of my engine compartment.

Jeff