My "other" project (WARNING NON JEEP CONTENT)

kro10000

:typing: So I just figured I'd post a couple of pics of my "other" project car and see what you guys thought. Sorry its pretty dirty in the pics, and one is kinda dark.

This is right after I got the new BFGs put on (still have the blue stuff on them) and some 15x9 aluminum turbine wheels I picked up for cheap, to me they look like they belong on the car.

This is from just the other day when I got the deck lid remounted after welding in the new trunk floor. My buddies want me to put batman stickers on the side of the car. :brows:

Story behind the car: I have had it for three years, doing a very slow resto job on it. From the tags I can tell that the car has never been registered since 1980, my stepdad and I rescued it from its tomb (barn) aired up the 20+ year old bias ply tires, and towed it home 2 hours on a two wheel car dolly.

Specs:1972 Ford (get over it) Mustang fastback. Original 130,000 mile 351 cleveland 2v motor, now with edelbrock performer 4bbl intake and holley 750 carb, hedman headers, msd box, coil, duraspark ignition. Factory FMX transmission and 9 inch rearend (2.75 gearing!). All new suspension, high rate coils, leafs, bigger sway bars, etc.

Next on the list: Ive got a spare cleveland motor I'm putting together, with a couple turbos I'm getting for free. Its gonna be magical :thumbsup: T56 6 speed transmission, and a regear with detroit truetrac. Then someday bodywork and paint....

:thumbsup: nice.

Nothing like finding a Mustang Fastback in a Barn. :cheers:

The wheels do look like they grew there,

and the 2bbl heads are better than the 4bbl anyway, so it's win win. :yes:

The only strike (for me) is the FMX, be careful pushing that thing too hard,

it's pretty much the Peugeot of Ford auto's. ;)

The 2.75 gear's aren't making life any easier on the poor thing. :D

Good luck with it,

and more pics. :yes:

Ive ALWAYS loved that body style... and theyre making a comeback too, getting more and more valuable!

AND... she is the original Eleanor... from the original 1973 "Gone in 60 seconds" That last chase scene is unbeleivable! They wrapped that car around a pole, and the stunt guy boke his leg when that happened, so they stopped production of the movie, 3 months later when he was better, they got right back in that car, fired it up, and finished the movie! Love it man....keep up the good work!

There are quite a few of us on here with non jeep projects......Good score on the mustang. Ive been a fan of the fast back 'stangs for a long time.......here's a shot of my non jeep project....68 plymouth sport satellite.

There are quite a few of us on here with non jeep projects......Good score on the mustang. Ive been a fan of the fast back 'stangs for a long time.......here's a shot of my non jeep project....68 plymouth sport satellite.

once Kelly gets his Stang up and going good, i'd like to see his and your's on the line.. :popcorn:

So I dug up some pics of the day I brought it home, was October 2006

Its covered in many years of dirt, full of wasp nests, and if you look closely at the dirt you can see cat paw tracks...

Oh yeah and I loved the first gen broncos in the background, he had three, and would part with none of em.

This is how we drove it home... All four tires held air for three years afterwards. One might have been original :hmm:

All stock 351c 2v

Ugly bumper guards and all

Oh and this is my favorite pic of a 71-73 mustang, it's what I'm shooting for

Since it OK for others to post their non-Jeeps in this thread ;)

ignore the 401 badge, it's a 360 4v 4spd/3.91 Go-Pack car (401 is still in the basement).

Hasn't changed much in 18 years (pic taken Sept 1992)

Jan 1991:

Great 'stang kro10000! It looks very nasty in the dark and you have good plan.. And other ones you have nice project-cars!!! :brows:

I have a coffesion to make.. it's also FoMoCo in my garage! :dunno:

It's only -72 Comet: four doors, original V8-block+c4+8" and bucket seats. It was import to Finland in 1973 (by Doctor-lady) and was driven on street until 1989. I have been owner about 10years and I've beeen slooow...

It should be daily driven (in this spring) so there is only little modifications: new paint, quite a lot welding, original gears (< 3.00), shift-kit in trans, douple exhaust+headers, four barrel carb+Edel's intake, Comp's cam, 302 overbored to 306cid, hypereutectic-pistons and floor shifter etc. Tires and wheels are still same from 80's when my friend left it on his backyard... sorry about that! :rotf:

comet1-vi.jpg

comet2-vi.jpg

once Kelly gets his Stang up and going good, i'd like to see his and your's on the line.. :popcorn:

:thumbsup: Sounds like a plan

The old plymouth might hold her own in a drag race but something tells me a twin turbo stang with upgraded suspension would clean my clock when things get twisty.......lol