finally got my LCA's on the MJ...woohoo!!

what kind of setup do you have in the rear, stock packs with SOA? It seems to flex pretty nice back there.

I'm not lifted at all and my rear packs flex so far that my brothers 48" hilift was nearly at the top in order to get the tire off the ground (lifted from the bumper)

i LOVE your manche.

what kind of setup do you have in the rear, stock packs with SOA? It seems to flex pretty nice back there.

yup. i've been keepin a look out for another good set at the local j-yard to build up as a spare.

4wd MJ springs have more arch than 2wd springs right? 8)

ya. i got a little over 6" of lift from mine. ive heard that 2wd get about 4-4.5" IIRC. i hope that with all my trail gear the rear sags a little as it sits higher than the front without a load in the bed.

ya. i got a little over 6" of lift from mine. ive heard that 2wd get about 4-4.5" IIRC. i hope that with all my trail gear the rear sags a little as it sits higher than the front without a load in the bed.

That's what I was thinking, thanks. :cheers: 8)

took the manche out for a drive today and the DW is gone..for now..lol!!!!! it rides SOOO much better now comanche.gif i looked at my old "control" arms and the reason i think i had DW was because the arms would/were resting on the spring perches. :shake: :oops:

took the manche out for a drive today and the DW is gone..for now..lol!!!!! it rides SOOO much better now comanche.gif i looked at my old "control" arms and the reason i think i had DW was because the arms would/were resting on the spring perches. :shake: :oops:

Mine are hitting the shock thingy too at 4". It doesn't allow for any droop on the axle. I need a set. :cry:

When's the trail test?

The longer length gave you back the caster you lost when you lifted it. The new bushings better isolate harmonics, which is all DW is anyhow.

That's more likely what eliminated/redused your DW....

DBL, check your toe in, if there is any hint of DW left, thats likely where you can totally eliminate it.

Because of the inverted "Y" steering linkage, as you lift your toe decreases and needs to be adjusted.

CA's not hitting the axle brackets, just gives ya more droop!! :brows:

But its all good anyhow, right!

Looks good!!

CW

The longer length gave you back the caster you lost when you lifted it. The new bushings better isolate harmonics, which is all DW is anyhow.

That's more likely what eliminated/redused your DW....

DBL, check your toe in, if there is any hint of DW left, thats likely where you can totally eliminate it.

Because of the inverted "Y" steering linkage, as you lift your toe decreases and needs to be adjusted.

CA's not hitting the axle brackets, just gives ya more droop!! :brows:

But its all good anyhow, right!

Looks good!!

CW

when i "made" the LCA's :oops: i made the same length as the RE ones but the lack of offset at the axle made them too vertical causin them to bottom out.

when you say inverted Y did you mean the stock steering? i have a Rusty's steering conversion on it (came installed on the MJ when i got it) but i need to replace the TRE though when i check my alignment.... :wrench:

• 1 month later...