dash removal ? on a 87 2wd

steve

i need to pull the dash so i can finish my interior. does the steering colum need to be dropped to remove the dash? my haynes book is not real clear on this. also does any body know where i can get a lock for my slider window ? it has a single slider glass panel.

I've always pulled my dash bezel without dropping the column. It's a bit tight but they've always gone in and out without shattering in a million pieces (although it seems they should). Nothing but the bezel should be an issue as far down as I've ever gone.

I've always pulled my dash bezel without dropping the column. It's a bit tight but they've always gone in and out without shattering in a million pieces (although it seems they should). Nothing but the bezel should be an issue as far down as I've ever gone.

yeahthat.gif Just be rough. She'll like it rough.

i can't help you on the dash but i have a factory lock for your rear window if you want it. PM me your addy and i will send it to you.

Alex

so that's where it is...

actually both that 88 and my 86 did not have a latch on them when i got them. i found this one in a JY for my 86 and just never put it on. and i will tell you it was a witch to get it off the window in the JY MJ. if those things don't fall off then they don't come off easy at all. i almost broke the window getting it off. if you want one there are plenty more in the JY around here, just let me know and i will pick ya one up next time.

Alex

i did pull the whole dash out so I could paint it to match the reast of my interior. I will never do that again what a PITA.

Alex how much do you want for the lock.

thanks for all your replies.