MJ Payload ?

what year F-150 ? . . .

I had a 1995 F-150XLT with the 5.8L V-8, and when i put my ATV in the bed it too squatted down and looked all saggy, i figured with the big bad 5.8er it would have been a hauling brute, but the rear springs in no way kept up with what the engine would tow, and it even crappy 3.55 highway gears with a 4spd automatic . . . I found out later that truck was offered with an optional 3.89 gearing & HD spring pack's i wished i had that version . . . I smoked 3 transmissions in 155K miles so i retired it . . . I wished i knew then what i did now a gear n spring swap i could of had a beast :fs1:

Mike

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I mention how much I hate tha frickin dent in my bumper??? :( Looks like crap!!!

Hand dents and bends in mine. Took it off and put wood under it and from the backside pounded them out with a sledge. Not perfect but with a new coat of paint looked a lot better than before. Plus, lay it on its side and you can do the same at getting the twist out. I guess flimsy has its pluses sometimes! ;)

i think i'll have to build my own rear bumper and build the receiver into it . . .

Mike

I may have to try it, but I have thought about a v-shaped angle iron brace angling back from the area where the ball goes on a stock bumper to the frame to stiffen the center part of the bumper. Thoughts????

That would work i bet, i'm going to use some rectangle tube, remove my bumper all together lay it down to the width of the tail gate slide it right in between the box sides like the the tail gate dose below the bed floor . . .

Mike