What should I do to my eliminator?

O.K. I have an '89 eliminator with a 4.0, 5 speed, and a d44 rear end. It's my DD but I want to do more with it. I'm on a very tight budget so anything I do has to be very carefully planned out. I would love to make it a 4WD but have no idea how much money that would mean pouring into it. I have all the tools to do it including cutting torch, grinders, welders, and anything else you could imagine, I just need direction. Help me out people. I have a clean slate and need helping writing on it :help: . Let me know what you think and let other people know so I get plenty of feedback. here's what we have to work with:

There are additional pics on this thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21056

Drive it, enjoy it, and start collecting parts as they turn up.

Joining a local 4x4 club should make lots of the stuff available to you for cheap. (as other people upgrade to bigger & better stuff)

Since it's your DD, plan on doing the swap a little at a time:

swap the ft axle in, drive it, while looking for a tranny & t-case.

If you're junkyard shopping you can sell the stuff you find cheap, and trade up to the stuff you need.

Joining a local 4x4 club should make lots of the stuff available to you for cheap. (as other people upgrade to bigger & better stuff)

If you're junkyard shopping you can sell the stuff you find cheap, and trade up to the stuff you need.

is there something wrong with the 5 speed tranny? or do you just prefer automatic?

(edit) HAHA I retract this entire post. Forget it happend. I was sleep deprived.

is there something wrong with the 5 speed tranny? or do you just prefer automatic?

you need a 4x4 tranny/t-case.

oh, nice Eliminator :thumbsup:

hahaha wow i was very tired when i posted that second one last night. I feel verrrrrrrry stupid after that. I even asked my brother what he thinks about making it a 4WD and asked him why I needed a tranny with it. Sorry for the brain fart. But I'm not as ignorant as I make myself out to be I do know I need a transfer case to match the 4WD front end. Does jeep make a divorced transfer case? If so what would I find one on?

I JUST GOT A GREAT IDEA! :idea: I have sitting out back two essentially junk ford broncos. My whole family drives fords except for me haha (i have my mj and a '72 dodge dart). If I could ever convince my dad into it I may be able to pull the front and rear axles from a bronco (i think thats what pete m did, thanks for the idea :cheers: ) and then i would just need a tranny/transfer case and probobly a lift kit (maybe not). Any input?