What should I do to my eliminator?

as long as you plan on building that iron to the brackets your fine but if you weld that iron on find someone good because i welded my bumper on and it has holes in the sheet metal now :grrrr:

I'm probobly gunna weld it to the brackets first just so I don't lose the ability to remove my bumper, but my dad is one of the best welders out there :D He's good to have around. I'm an ok welder but he owns a construction business and maintains all his own equipment, so that means he is very experienced at welding backhoe buckets and bull dozer blades and he's also very good at light stuff. I wish I could say the same for myself but the biggest welding jobs ive ever done without his supervision were lowrider bicycles and things like that lol. I've stil got alot to learn but I think ive got a good start :D When I make my new bumper i think I'm going to strip down the old one and put the liscense plate lights and liscense plate holder on it. but i'm not gunna leave the hitch ball on the bumper. I hate that thing. I'm guna put a hitch reciever under my truck at some point. I have two sitting out back so that won't be an issue. I just basically plan to have a round bumper on the back and put a flat piece of diamond checked steel on top of it on each side and probobly a tow loop on each side. I may do a loop of chain on each side instead of the traditional D shaped loops, or just a chain hook on each side. any suggestions?

me personally i would just do the d loop. its quick and easy to find. when i bought my mj i have no rear bumper and all i did was take a xj bumper cut it down and welded it. i didn't have mounting brackets for mine. :cheers: but if you put lights for the licence plate then make sure you cut to fit and not cut to big.

IMHO , I am a spare no expense type of guy . I think If your going to put money and work into anything , do it all .

It depends on what you want out of your truck , a mild trail lift or an aggressive crawler . Its up to you .

I spent about 300.00 on my mild 2" RE lift , it came with the 2" spacers , 3" lift shocks and a add a leaf rear spring set up .

Also I got a NEW track bar . That is a must with any truck with 200,000 , DD miles on it .

Anything past 2"-3" and it starts getting expensive , to do it right anyway . A mild 2" inch lift will look good with some 31"s .

Still be a good DD , you shouldn't have to rob the pizza delivery boy either . :rotf:

In my a$$hole opinion , If you don't have the money , wait until you do . You always get what you pay for . :thumbsup:

I found a D44 for real cheap , bought it and needless to say , now I bought another one . I guess I learn the hard way . :dunce:

I pay good money for the best parts brand new and never do it again . I hate doing things two and three times . In the end its not any

cheaper .

IMHO , I am a spare no expense type of guy . I think If your going to put money and work into anything , do it all .

It depends on what you want out of your truck , a mild trail lift or an aggressive crawler . Its up to you .

I spent about 300.00 on my mild 2" RE lift , it came with the 2" spacers , 3" lift shocks and a add a leaf rear spring set up .

Also I got a NEW track bar . That is a must with any truck with 200,000 , DD miles on it .

Anything past 2"-3" and it starts getting expensive , to do it right anyway . A mild 2" inch lift will look good with some 31"s .

Still be a good DD , you shouldn't have to rob the pizza delivery boy either . :rotf:

In my a$$hole opinion , If you don't have the money , wait until you do . You always get what you pay for . :thumbsup:

I found a D44 for real cheap , bought it and needless to say , now I bought another one . I guess I learn the hard way . :dunce:

I pay good money for the best parts brand new and never do it again . I hate doing things two and three times . In the end its not any

cheaper .

I really do understand where your coming from. When I first got the jeep every part that needed replaccing i replaced with a brand new one from the parts house. This helped me not have to replace them all agian in two weeks :yes: I thibnk i will go ahead and do the bumper and jst wait for a good 4wd system and lift until i can afford it. I already have everything to amke the bumper :cheers: