What's avail for (factory style) rear bumpers,AND Receivers?

I'm looking for two separate things:

Factory style rear bumper

closest thing I've found was:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FEY-BUMP ... 1e59c7ce06

($120, in black + brackets:)

T1263000.jpg

"FEY Bumper -- FEY UNIVERSAL SERIES DIAMONDSTEP REPLACEMENT BUMPER, POWDERCOATED BLACK -- With embossed steel step plate; Made of stamped and formed steel that is V5 tested for strength; Features center hole that accommodates 1 in. hitch ball, 7 gauge hitch plate and 13 gauge face channel; Easy bolt-on installation; With FEY's 3-year warranty."

I'd rather the (weak) factory bumper.

and a separate rear receiver hitch

Something that bolts to the frame (like an XJ hitch), and is good for ~5000 lbs/500lb tongue.

I found a couple 3000/350 hitches, but the description was so loose, I wasn't even sure if they really fit MJ's (and if they did, for the front, or rear).

Thanks. :cheers:

Sorry dude, the factory bumper is no longer available. In fact, I just called a Jeep dealer yesterday to verify that. I have been looking for one too. For me, it is difficult to find one at a junk yard in good condition in the rust belt too. I have a Fey on my truck and I really like how it looks. Others may argue but I believe it is made much better than the factory one. You can see it in my signature.

I like it much more than the factory bumper but I would still rather have a factory one because it is a factory bumper :huh???: (don't try to figure me out).

You can still get the frame hitches although I am not sure the specs. I know there are other posts around that discuss it but what I don't know is if the frame hitch is compatible with the Fey.

If you go with the FEY bumper either buy several or rust proof the back side. The one I had rusted from the backside in less than 3 years. The chrome still looked good but it was as thin as tin foil. The steel rusted away.

Mac...

here's a reciever hitch you might be interested in..

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18297

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for.

U-Haul, who would've thunk it. :D

Like glundblad said above this post, I only wonder if it would work with an aftermarket bumper.

Thanks for the leads! :cheers:

id check with crfn136 as I'm not sure if hes got an aftermarket bumper or not . i think his is a factory but it looks as if it hangs low enough to clear just about anything

Specs on the U-Haul hitch are:

Model #:75021

Application:

Jeep Comanche pickup (with factory installed step bumper only)

Long Box, Short Box

2WD, 4WD

I have one installed w. the factory bumper. I think you will run into fitment problems w. aftermarket bumper brackets as the hitch brackets are made to fit snugly to the outboard factory bumper bracket bends at the bumper bolts. It may require some shimming.

$200+ bucks for just a hitch sounds expensive! I know Don that you are interested in keeping the Stock appearance, but for those of those not so much, for not too much more money than that you can get an aftermarket bumper with 2" receiver. I want a rear rescue point more than anything else... I'm never going to tow with it... A hitch would let me use a receiver d-Ring...or an aftermarket bumper could provide d-rings as well.

Yes, the OP wanted "Factory Style", so that's probably the way to go... I'll eventually be looking for something different for my needs.

SW2

Just ordered a 300-3500lb hitch from UHaul so they still got some.$209.95 Free shipping. Should know in a week how it fits.

I just did the same,

it lists as:

Type: Square Tube 2 inch Rec.

Class: 3

Finish: Black

Max weight: 3500

Max distribution weight: 5000

and at the bottom:

Limited supply of this product, offer based on availability.

:ack:

Yes, the OP wanted "Factory Style", so that's probably the way to go... I'll eventually be looking for something different for my needs.

SW2

I've chopped up so many of these poor things, it's kinda fun trying to 'build' one the normal way. :D

I didn't want to go $200, but if these things just started falling off the face of the earth a few months ago, paying full price may be my only option.

If I'm going to keep this one 'stock' I might as well be able to use it as a tug toy once in a while.

I think my decision to get the UHaul was partially influenced by the "Tail Light Frenzy" fiasco going on , on EBay. Right now I have 3 Receivers laying behind a '88 LB That I am trying to figure out the best way to make one fit.Two of them are the 2" and one is the 1-1/4". Of the two, one off a waggy and the other is off a Chevy/GMC. The 12/4 is from UHaul but I don't know what it's for. In looking at them and holding them up to the jeep frame I believe I can cut the ends off the Chevy, weld a 3/8" plate on there , drill 3 holes in it and have a 2" rcvr on my MJ, I wud have known for sure tonite except the wind was blowing like crazy and it was just to dern cold and miserable so I quit.

I think my decision to get the UHaul was partially influenced by the "Tail Light Frenzy" fiasco going on , on EBay. Right now I have 3 Receivers laying behind a '88 LB That I am trying to figure out the best way to make one fit.Two of them are the 2" and one is the 1-1/4". Of the two, one off a waggy and the other is off a Chevy/GMC. The 12/4 is from UHaul but I don't know what it's for. In looking at them and holding them up to the jeep frame I believe I can cut the ends off the Chevy, weld a 3/8" plate on there , drill 3 holes in it and have a 2" rcvr on my MJ, I wud have known for sure tonite except the wind was blowing like crazy and it was just to dern cold and miserable so I quit.

If I wasn't trying to keep the 'stock' vibe, I would've done something custom.

Especially if I already had the factory receiver off something else (assuming one of them is stamped 500/5000, or greater: to keep prying eyes happy.)

I had ~ $75 in my original receiver hitch bumper:

3+ times that in this one so far (not counting the winch):