Bulk 3/16" brake line?

This is available out there somewhere, right? Autozone and Murrys don't seem to carry anything bigger than 4' lengths. Going to try NAPA later today. Since it seems I have to do the ends myself using the current fittings (from the 95 XJ master and prop), I'd prefer not to buy the expensive straight lengths that come with fittings I don't need.

i got all my brake line for my 86 from summit racing. they have it in different lengths and diameters. stainless, aluminum, galv steel, and tin coated steel (OEM) lines IIRC. prices are not too bad either. fittings are all seperate from lines so you can get what you want.

Alex

Advance Auto Parts, 3/16" X 25 feet, like $26, fitting, shorts 10 in a bag for like $5, Its behine the counter and you need to ask for it, at least the 3-4 time I have bought it. Also they carry 1/4" if you want to go over kill, and yes its alot less making your own lines over buying short lenghts.

Napa, also has the line, what evers closest to you ;)

On topic, and it's probably too late since I've done it already, but has anyone had any problems repairing 3/16" brake line with compression/union fittings? I did two of them on my new beater 88 MJ, and when I went to throw the package away I read: "not for use on automotive brake lines." :eek:

I've done this on a couple other cars, and I'm sure the right thing is to replace the brake line all the way through, but any danger in doing this?

I've got two compression fittings on my rear brake line....one about midships where I spliced in a new line from the prop valve, and another along the axle tube on the passenger side to the wheel cylinder.

Dangerous?? meh.....they've been holding for 2+ years now :D Just tighten the bejesus out of 'em. It's alot easier for me to use a comp fitting than flaring :brows: And they passed VA inspection, too. I think they would have failed me if the law said you couldn't use them for brake lines.

Jeff