WTB: Parts

dasbrick

Just got this thing, an 87 with very minimal rust (and that says something for Michigan!)

Need:

Sending Unit (4.0/Long bed... fuel won't read past half)

Fuel Tank (Long bed)

Shifter Boot (yep, just the boot.)

Headlight Switch for dash (complete)

Center Floor Console for 4WD/5 speed (Previous owner had some plywood stuff in the shifter...)

Doors (both sides, don't care color)

bucket Seats (prefer the flip forwards)

Radio

Bed Toolbox

Bed Rollbar

Blue means I may have got a deal pending, red is got it, don't need anymore.

general consensus for fuel tanks is to just go buy a new one. they are impossible to ship used (hazardous), and anything from your area is likely just as bad of shape. :(

there are 2 tanks available for the longbeds (16 and 23 gal), and they do not interchange with a shortbed (18 gal).

Good to know, I didn't know there was two tanks for the LB. Is their a measurement on them, so I can look? Also, I agree. they don't ship well, and the ones from here are usually bad. If I found one I was gonna rhino-line it before replacing it. At least I know now I have to be exact on the sending unit.

18 Gal 16 3/4"X30 1/2"

23 Gal 17"X37" measurement taken with ruler flat on the weld seam.

When trying to salvage a tank I have covered the outside with fiberglass. Make sure you get it clean, all rust and dirt off. Otherwise you're just wasting your time. On the inside get some aircraft tank sealer. Seals holes and rust. In your case I'd just get a new tank.

Oh bonus. so the floor console has the manual w/ boot and transfer case? the headlight switch includes the housing and the pull knob, right? cuz its the housing that broke on this heep of jeep.

Mini console has just the console - no boot and the center is not present (so I believe it came from a standard).

Headlight switch is complete with pull handle (fits throu hole in dash)

I need the part with the hole too!

:huh???: I've never had a standard, so I probably wouldn't know the part if I stepped on it. I would suggest that (knowing AMC) it probably just snaps into the console.

Now, if you're talking about the surround that fits into the dash that the headlight pull handle goes thru, no...I don't have that.

I have a grey mini center console that came out of my 1990 bench seat 5 speed manual.

I have swapped in buckets and a Cherokee center console so its just sitting on my workbench. It is complete with the console itself, shifter boot retainer frame(Plastic), and the transfer case 4WD indicator plate. There are two tabs where the console bolts to the transmission tunnel bracket. The one directly under the shifter boot is broken at the bottom (It was that way when I bought the truck. The console never rattled, but I'm sure you could get a small L shaped bracket from Lowe's or Home Depot and rig somthing as well if you want.

The original shifter boot was cracked, but in casting around for parts I ended up with 2 other nice ones so this one looks good with no cracks or holes. $30 for complete console and boot shipped. PM me with shipping address and for Paypal if interested. Pix on request. :cheers:

Here is the mini console.

Disassembled with the console, transfer case indicator plate, boot mounting bracket and boot:

The broken mounting tab:

Assembled:

As you can see, if you drill a hole in the side of the mounting tab - you could then use a machine screw and nut to hold a small L shaped bracket to it and then run the stock screw through the bracket to the tunnel mount. Not necessary really. I never realized it was broken until I removed the console to pull the carpet.