another 8.8 question

:agree:

The whole vehicle could really pay off for only one part you need, axle, plus other parts that could be used with the axle, cables, lines ??

beaterjeep is right, you could also e-bay some parts you don't need, if you want to go that route, and in the end, you'll get what 90-150 dolllars back just for the scrap at a yard. :brows:

the 91 axle is a drum rear end not disc. i would crawl under the rear and read the tag, if it doesnt have an L in between the gear ratio(bottom of tag towards the bolt hole) ie 3 L 73. if its an open diff i prob wouldnt bother getting it and search for one w/ discs and a trac loc. the tag is located on the right side of the cover.

Gotta agree with jbhill. I'd just pass it over. As a parts donor exploders are pretty useless. And it is most likely a 3.73 or 3.55 axle.

I'd look around for a disk one with 4.10's and the track lock. It works decent in the light rear of the MJ.

But, for $250 if you want to take the time you could part it out and make money. Fords aren't very reliable, so there's always market for the parts. That and the rear driveshaft might be useable for something.

the only thing that really matters to me is axle strength i plan on runnin 4.56 gears and an OX locker anyway.

any price estimates on an 8.8 from the jy since i really don't have any use for the rest of the truck?

thanks

Get an isuzu 12B, or D44, both can be had with 4.56s easy. Or a toyota 8". Or, or, a D60. Or, a ford 9 third out of a truck, and a housing from a bronco.