Halloween @ Haspin Acres, Indiana hosted by Fat Boys Jeepers

Hello,

I am with the Fat Boys Jeepers and I would like to invite everyone to come over to Haspin Acres on Oct. 28th for Halloween @ Haspin at 9:00 a.m. We will be hosting this event for the Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association (www.ifwda.org) AND GUESTS. You will need to pay your admission at the gate and then come down to the big shelter and sign-in with us and pick up a goodie bag. We will have the Fat Boys grill there for lunch. Feel free to eat with us, we will have a donation can that will benefit the association. It looks like we are going to have chili and hot dogs around noon. Trail rides will be informal, we will have some guided trails for those that don't know the property but feel free to take off on your own.

Please let us know if you plan on coming and if you plan on eating with us. (That way we don't run out of food.) If you have any questions you can contact Kelly at snkjeeper@aol.com

:cheers:

Most people hang out in the big mud pit, but the ATV trails have widened so if you're into trail riding there is a lot to do. The last time I was there is was super dry. Here are some other club trips there over the last few years:

http://www.jpfrog.org/modules.php?set_albumName=album15&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

http://www.jpfrog.org/modules.php?set_albumName=030524&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

http://www.jpfrog.org/modules.php?set_albumName=020202&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Most people hang out in the big mud pit, but the ATV trails have widened so if you're into trail riding there is a lot to do. The last time I was there is was super dry. Here are some other club trips there over the last few years:

Thanks JJ- :cheers:

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I am with the Fat Boys Jeepers and I would like to invite everyone to come over to Haspin Acres on Oct. 28th for Halloween @ Haspin at 9:00 a.m. We will be hosting this event for the Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association (www.ifwda.org) AND GUESTS. You will need to pay your admission at the gate and then come down to the big shelter and sign-in with us and pick up a goodie bag. We will have the Fat Boys grill there for lunch. Feel free to eat with us, we will have a donation can that will benefit the association. It looks like we are going to have chili and hot dogs around noon. Trail rides will be informal, we will have some guided trails for those that don't know the property but feel free to take off on your own.

Please let us know if you plan on coming and if you plan on eating with us. (That way we don't run out of food.) If you have any questions you can contact Kelly at snkjeeper@aol.com

:cheers:

We are still on for this weekend. Rain, snow, ice, etc. can't slow us down- much. ;)

Look for the bonfire and the banners hanging from the house/shelter that sits on the right as you drive up the hill. Hopefully you won't miss it. :brows:

Hope to see some of you folks at Haspin Saturday. Make sure you check in before you hit the trails. ;)

A pretty nasty day turned out to be a fun day. Although the open areas were muddy, the trails were challenging.I believe the rain keept a few away from wheelin'- probably at home raking leaves. :nuts:

We fed about 60-70 people yesterday. Thanks to Comanchegirl and Comanchero for stopping by to have some of our chili and brownies. Hope you will find some interesting reading material in your goodie bag. :D

We are looking at having another wheelin' trip at Haspin for our 5th annual GHD run. I'll keep you posted.

I'll try to get some pictures available later, or at least a link to them. :cheers:

Thanks to 89Tonto and Fat Boys Jeepers for hosting a nice lunch/get together at Haspin on Saturday. Nice group and lots of good food. We had a great time even with all the mud and wind. More Jeeps, Cherokees, and other 4x4's than I've ever seen there before. Plus the Halloween 100 ATV race was being held too! Main parking areas were pretty full so I made the mistake of driving "down" the road past the big ATV/bike track to park. That road became so muddy late in the day that I had to have Comanchegirl pull me and my F250 Quad Cab 4x4 Superduty and trailer back "up" the road with our Comanche. That was quite a site. The little engine that could comes to mind.

jamminz.gif Yes it does Pete!!! I finally sucked it up and got a truck that will tow the Comanche or my camper with ease. I kinda burned up the trans on the Dodge. In the end it wouldn't upshift by itself once it got warmed up and kept overheating the trans. I looked for the right Powerstroke for a long time and finally ran across this one so I jumped on it. '01 7.3 Diesel 6 spd 4x4 3.73 LS, 4" Banks Monster Exhaust and air intake. This thing hauls a$$ and gets 18-20 mpg daily driving. Drops to 16 towing the rig and I got 21.3 when I tried to conserve. Best ever with the Dodge was 14.9 conserving, 10 towing. Also sold that trailer you saw for $600 and bought this one for $300 with new tires on it so I'm happy all around. Here's the new setup..............

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

those trucks are my favorite second only to comanches and j-trucks.

best re-designed truck look of any of the companies. i love them.

and one of those SMOKED my truck the other day... (well, not really but the fact that we were neck and neck and he was driving a 4door longbed F250 makes his keeping up with my shortbed 3000lb truck much more impressive.)

Yeah, 6 speed 7.3's are very hard to find. I looked for a long, long time before I found this one and it only had 50k on it. I like it so much it's turned into my daily driver. Surprisingly nimble for its size. Fast and handles well.

I'm ordering a DP Tuner F5 chip today with stock, high idle, 60hp Tow, 80 hp Econo, and 120 hp Performance tunes programmed. Its very powerful the way it is, but now it will be a real beast!! Can't wait.................

We have a 99 f250 2wd, 7.3, 6spd, ext cab. short bed. I can find 6spd, 7.3's here all day long. But they are ext cab, short or longs beds, or crew cab long beds or dually. A short bed crew cab 6spd like yours is extremely hard to find here.