My Comanche Project.....NOOBIE

work truck, but i still love it

painted rim with crappy tire on it

no idea how this prevents rust....has anyone seen one before?

as you can see, it needs some work, but i have been looking for a 91 with low mileage for around a year now.

this is after i got it home and cleaned it up a little, it was almost black with tree sap and crap when i got it.

any suggestions on tires for those rims?

Nice truck with a lot of potential. I never realized how nice white comanches are. Are you planning to keep it white? Yea, those tires look a little small. They look like the original 225 wrangler radials. I cannot offer any advice about replacing them. I went with 235 "silent armor" wranglers. While I like them a lot, they are not big enough for anyone on this site.

Are those seats cherokee leather seats? They look great.

Nice truck with a lot of potential. I never realized how nice white comanches are. Are you planning to keep it white? Yea, those tires look a little small. They look like the original 225 wrangler radials. I cannot offer any advice about replacing them. I went with 235 "silent armor" wranglers. While I like them a lot, they are not big enough for anyone on this site.

Are those seats cherokee leather seats? They look great.

I'm going with p 205 m/s right now cause its the only good swt i had lying around but 235s are in the futre

That electronic rust inhibitor thing does work. Well, I don't know if THAT brand/model works, but there are units out there that work. It won't prevent rust, but has been shown to dramatically slow down the process. IIRC it basically sends a low voltage negative ion charge throughout the frame and metal parts and slows down the chemical reaction.

the maroon work truck looks rust free...very nice. and nice factory meyers plow :D...my bro just got one for his MJ

as far as washing behind the flares, he means to wash out (by hand, using a self-wash or pressure washer) up inside the bedsides. water will arch up and over the top of the wheel well, kicking out all salt etc. and prolonging the life of the vehicle.

nice swb too...but lose the darn cab lights, they look terrible on MJ's IMHO.

and welcome to the club :D

no I'm talking about the maroon one, there is rust on the drivers side above the rear wheels. there is also a little rust on the passengers side, you just don't see it.

the maroon is in the shop getting new coils and leafs installed. wish i could do that project myself but its a little too much for me.

as for the white 91, it is getting prepped for painting now.

i am trying to find out what size tires i can get for it, i want to fit something meaty on there. they ar 15" stockies, but i painted them.

any recs for tire sizes?

no I'm talking about the maroon one, there is rust on the drivers side above the rear wheels. there is also a little rust on the passengers side, you just don't see it.

the maroon is in the shop getting new coils and leafs installed. wish i could do that project myself but its a little too much for me.

as for the white 91, it is getting prepped for painting now.

i am trying to find out what size tires i can get for it, i want to fit something meaty on there. they ar 15" stockies, but i painted them.

any recs for tire sizes?

30s will fit w/no lift. I can't remember if you said you were going to lift it. Might rub the LCAs on full lock a little, but otherwise no problem if you have the proper offset. Assuming you keep the same Jeep wheels, should be fine.

thanks.i looked up some nice ones (30s)

someone told me that 225x75xr15 are the same as 30s just cheaper....anyone know if this is true???

...i got the maroon manche back today and it is like 3" higher.......the springs were all shot...it rode like a boat

ill post pics tomorrow its dark out here now. :huh???:

thanks.i looked up some nice ones (30s)

someone told me that 225x75xr15 are the same as 30s just cheaper....anyone know if this is true???

...i got the maroon manche back today and it is like 3" higher.......the springs were all shot...it rode like a boat

ill post pics tomorrow its dark out here now. :huh???:

225's are not anywhere near the same as 30s. 235s come close, but still more than 3% off wh......

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalcul ... ion=submit

here's the new pics after the coils and leafs were replaced. it looks like a drag car to me, all jacked up in the back.....it aggravates me, i want it level!!!!! but thats what the 92 is for, not the work truck......oh yeah, you can see the rust band aid on this side...for everyone who said this truck looks rust free in the last pic!!! :rotf:

what are these pics all about????

the one looks like it had a column shifter there at one time

the other looks like an e brake was there

i hate this, how can i fix these without fabbing something

plus i am looking for 1 replacement light, here's some pics

oh yeah, i threw a pic of the hood, I'm proud of it, it used to be almost black with tree sap and crud

looks almost brand new now.....sorry, nooooobie....i know