Starting Comanche build but need advice

I am re-starting my 88 Comanche build. I can post the progress in the build-up place if anyone is interest. My question is, I'm doing a 4" or so lift. I already have enough stuff to to a Add A Leaf/Shackle lift in the rear. I am not opposed to the SOA though because I am an experienced welder with a welder. Which way do I need to go? What do I need to come up with (besides perches) for the SOA. Any help, ideas, opinions would be great......Thanks

Well that would be nice but I don't want to spend anymore money. I can do all with existing stuff. I have a add a leaf and shackle for the rear or I can SOA. Which of these should I do? I also have some pucks to go with the 4.5" springs for the front if needed. THanks

Well that would be nice but I don't want to spend anymore money. I can do all with existing stuff. I have a add a leaf and shackle for the rear or I can SOA. Which of these should I do? I also have some pucks to go with the 4.5" springs for the front if needed. THanks

add-a-leaf plus shackle to get to 4.5" will put your pinion angle WAAAAYYYY off, so regardless youre gonna have to do some perch welding.

put a cherokee shackle on it, then spring-over. it should only sit maybe 1" higher in the back then.

dump the AAL's...they're junk. sell the shackles.

My MJ rear is probably sitting between 3.5" & 4" right now,

SOA, with flatter XJ leafs swapped under the MJ main leaf.

MJ main leaf probably isn't too happy running this flat, but :dunno: really.

I have another set of leafs that gave me ~5" SOA,

those will probably go in after I get things sorted, registered, and get my first inspection sticker in 5-6 years

(the first sticker is always the toughest, so I want to go in as low & "safe" looking as possible)

Jeep is still driveway jewelry at this point, so :dunno: .

Even though the MJ rear is lighter than an XJ, I'm leaning towards stiffer springs being necessary, if I was gonna keep it this way.

I mostly posted to show you could rebuild the leafs to give less lift than they normally would with a SOA.

The XJ leafs, under the MJ main leaf is less than ideal, because the 2nd leaf is a little short, and the whole XJ pack is thin.

Adding a single longer leaf above the soft XJ pack could do the trick,

or even cutting the eyes off an XJ main leaf, tapering the ends, and using that as your 2nd leaf.