Anyone know where the Archer Racing MJs got to?

Bonkers

I know Tommy Archer of Archer Racing sponsored two racing Comanches for the SCCA Truck Championship back in the 80s. I know very little about these trucks and trying to find out what happened to them. I'm not refering to the Rallye and Baja trucks Archer helped build, but ther two roadracing trucks:

1988jeep.jpg

One Chrysler Drive

Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326-2778

1-888-456-1924 (toll-free)

248-944-0001 (local and non-US calls)

Hours

Tuesday - Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm

Sunday: Noon - 6:00pm

Closed: Mondays, January 1, Easter Sunday, July 4, Thanksgiving and the day prior, December 24, 25 and 31

Rates

Individual adult admission - $6

Seniors and children under 12 - $3

Pre-registered groups of 15 or more - $3/person

Tour Guide/Bus Driver - Free admission

No deposit required

I looked it up awhile back. I might make the trip once I get my 91. Any others want to? LOL.

Alex

The main reason I ask is because I was thinking about building one for weekend racing and I'd like it to be as complimentary as possible. Therefore does anyone have the specs or a picture of the specs? Did it have a 4.0 or V8, was the suspension modified or custom? That sort of thing.

Damn that truck looks hot...

I find it interesting that is is numbered 33 on the front and side, but 31 on the back....

I'm no MJ history expert, but I do believe that 31 was the other MJ's number, so it was a way of signifying that they were teammates. Hopefully someone who actually knows what their talking about will chime in and give the real reason.

OK, for one do you guys know how many of these things there were? there were like 6 of them. then what they did when they were done with them was combine them all to make one mint one for the museum. if you notice the first pic of them on here there are two in it, each with 88 grilles. the one in the museum has an 86-87 grille. the museum one is #33. I have pics of numbers 31, 32, and 34. 31 has an 86-87 grille. 32 and 34 have 88 grilles. the reason of all this is unknown to me. also in this months Jp Mag they have a pic of #33 and it is different looking then any posted here, that one is one of the spare 33s. but they were all put together to make one mint mj, idk why they didnt paint it to match but maybe they wanted to keep it original. i also have pics of the off-road racers.

Image Not Found

32 up front, 31 in back

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Alex

In any racing effort there are plenty of spares, including spare vehicles, heck, I wouldn't doubt that there were over ten overall for a 2 vehicle team. But Chrysler Historic could certainly pay to have the number "restored" on the tailgate to match the rest of the truck.