4x2 vs 4x4 low/high Question

My Comanche is a 2 wheel drive automatic with the factory "metric tom/big ton" package. Rear end ratio is 3.54.

I want tow a 5K lbs trailer with the truck all over North America. That means over the Rockies at 12,200 feet and anything else that comes along in Canada or Alaska.

In the past, I have used a 2WD V6 Isuzu Rodeo with a manual 5 speed and a 4.30 rear end. My current tow vehicle is a 4WD V6 Rodeo with a 4 speed auto and a 4.10 rear end.

I am looking at converting my Comanche to 4x4. Here is my question:

Is there a jeep 4x4 system that will let me shift from 4x4 Low to 4x4 high and then to 4x2 while I am still driving down the road? I am looking to be able to start in 4x4 low range going up a steep hill and move onto the freeway with out stopping.

Thanks for your assistance.

Is there a jeep 4x4 system that will let me shift from 4x4 Low to 4x4 high and then to 4x2 while I am still driving down the road?

No.

All the Jeep transfer cases used in the XJ, MJ, and ZJ are shift-on-the-fly between 2WD and 4WD-High, but NOT 4WD-Low.

If I were you, I would change to 4.10 gears, which will help a bit, and DEFINITELY get trailer brakes. A dual diaphragm booster upgrade and a stroker may not be bad ideas either. 5000 pounds is a lot of weight for a 3000 pound truck, and right at the very limit of listed towing capacity. (which technically requires a weigh distributing hitch).

Thanks to all for the responses. It is what I thought.

The trailer in question is a 24 ft Hi-Lo with full electric brakes. And I do use an equalizing trailer hitch. The trailer can be 4500 lbs (plus) when fully loaded. The Comanche has the Big Ton package, which includes bigger rear brakes. The truck is factory rated to tow 5k lbs as delivered with an equalizing hitch. For what ever it is worth, the truck is about 3700 lbs on a certified scale.