flimsy unibodys

I put my Comanche on jack stands today to get all the 2wd crap out of there. And get ready to swap the D30 in the next few days. And when I went to get a ratchet out of my truck the doors rubbed badly! I have read about the "Cats back" on high centered XJ's. Well I didn’t feel like having a bent Comanche so I just stuck my 3" HD rustys coils in it and took it off the stands for now. I'm going to wait till i have everything so i can get it done in a day. Anyone in here ever had this problem? Is it a bad idea to leave them on jack stands for an extended period of time?

My MJ sat for the better part of a year like that, with two stands behind the LCA mounts, while I worked on converting it (long story, it was 300 miles away :cry: ) Nothing hanging in the front except the sway bar, and I had the steering bungee corded up and out of the way.

Didn't seem to hurt it a bit ;)

Jeff

I was using 12 tons... The driver’s side floor is rusted out along with the rocker panel. But the passenger’s side is rust free. Doors seemed to rub the same amount on each side though I’m sure the weakened drivers side structure did make it flex a little more than it otherwise would have. The uniframe its self is rust free!

I was missing most of the floor on my driver's side for the better part of 3 months and had no problems with the doors or sagging. I also had a driver side hinge sag on an old MJ of mine and the door rubbed like an SOB. That truck never saw a jackstand in it's life.

You can weld or bolt in temporary supports inside the cab to maintain structural integrity while you're up on 'stands. If the problem persists after you do your 4WD swap, just realign the doors.