8.8 swap

95-01 are the ones with disks. Older models are also acceptable, but will have drums. I've purchased them for as little as $75 at the pull-a-part, but 200-300 is an ok price if it's in good shape and has the brakes still on it (core charge for the calipers is ungodly high)

Did you guy's use 95' Explorer axles? What kind of prices are peaple finding 8.8's for? Interested in more info on this swap as well.

Like Pete said, $75 at pull a parts. I picked one up a few weeks ago for $143 with rotors, calipers, etc. Just the bare axle without the brakes was $75.

Willy

also, don't get a 3.73 ratio unless you can find a front to match (or can pay for a regear). 3.73s were a fairly rare ratio in XJ/MJ Dana 30s. They are common in low pinion 30s though (ZJ/TJ), so if you're going to be at stock to 3" of lift, that would work.

I too didn't do anything special with the brakes when I did my swap. I just "permanently" adjusted the load sensor to make it think there was more weight back there, thus giving some extra pressure for the discs. Worked just fine, and stops much better than it did with the worn out drums!

I didn't touch anything on my brakes when did mine, did just fine. Only thing to mess with was the level load valve thing, I just bypassed mine though.

So you are driving around without a prop valve?

I was in the rear of the MJ, did not use the level load valve. I wasn't hauling wood either. :thumbsup:

I didn't touch anything on my brakes when did mine, did just fine. Only thing to mess with was the level load valve thing, I just bypassed mine though.

So you are driving around without a prop valve?

I did so for a very long time.. no issues what so ever. Every PU I ever had will generally lock rear tires first anyhow.

CW