8 inches of lift in the rear?

hellcreek, I was saying that it is not common knowledge to manufacturers of lift kits...specifically everything BUT leaf springs. you are one of the few companies that manufactures and/or has anything to do with their leaf springs.

-Pat

hellcreek, I was saying that it is not common knowledge to manufacturers of lift kits...specifically everything BUT leaf springs. you are one of the few companies that manufactures and/or has anything to do with their leaf springs.

-Pat

Thanks, Pat. I get your point. We are probably the only lift kit manufacturer that makes their own springs, but we buy everything else.

-Tom

Yes, but only if your MT packs are in good shape, i.e. no sag. The MT packs spring rate gives them a higher arc when unloaded, which is where the lift comes from . Because MJs are SUA, the extra leaf in an MT pack technically would l=lower the rear. The thing to do would be install the MT packs and see how much lift it gives you over regular packs, then add the shackles after and re-measure. Fresh MT packs should give you 2"-3" of lift, whereas "seasoned" packs will only give you 0-1". They'll still have good load capacity if that is important, but the natural arc that provides the "lift" over std spring packs will have settled out. And even if you get the full 2-3" of lift, that amount does not need a SYE at all, especially since you have a long bed IIRC.

:agree: New 3+2 MT packs (9.5" free arch, 1680 lbs load capacity, p/n 52003676) netted me a full 3" of lift and I was exactly level w. the front using 3" OME lift coils. After a year or so the rear springs settled down about 1/2", then I put on TeraFlex 1.5" lift shackles and remain level. No SYE needed although I did use 3-degree shims to correct the pinion angle. Rides and handles better than new. :cheers:

We also sell the stock Metric Tonne springs without any additional lift. We are also making add-a-leaves specifically designed for the MJ Comanche (basically a Comanche main leaf with the eyes cut off), and we are going to start making the extra Metric Tonne 2nd stage leaf to adapt regular stock springs to Metric Tonne capacity. If any of you would like to see us make something different, just let me know.

-Tom

Tom, that was a HUGELY educational post. Thanks! Question though. The "stock" MT packs you mention above, that should still give lift over std packs, correct? There are some pics of trucks on here with stock MT packs that appear to be in really good shape, i.e. no sag, and they clearly sit 2"+ higher in the rear that std leaf pack MJ's. So, IIUC, you offer "stock" MT packs, which should offer some "lift" over non-MT packs, and you offer MT packs that offer have add'l lift effect in them through the mfg process?

And, I loved that at the end you said you are getting ready to offer a 2nd stage MT leaf to basically allow people to convert to MT load capacities. I've thought for a long time that would be a very good idea for someone to offer, and super cost effective and simple I would imagine. Awesome :thumbsup:

Ever since Taz got his from you and raved about them, they've been on my wish list. I'd say by next spring I'll be ordering up my 3+2s w/3" lift. :banana:

SOA gives 4.5" lift measure your leaf springs plus what the perch gives simple. take in mind that "level" on a mj is to raise the front about 1.25" give or take .25" i have been messing around for awhile with this. i believe with 8" front you should go with the SOA and add a 95 or older dakota main leaf good for 2" proven lift i swear totaling 6.5" in the rear. I added the same leaf to mine with SUA and removed the .5" helper. gave me exactly 1.5" so with helper that makes 2" on SOA. That will have you level and does NOT strain the other springs very flexy. Hope this helps

Tom, that was a HUGELY educational post. Thanks! Question though. The "stock" MT packs you mention above, that should still give lift over std packs, correct? There are some pics of trucks on here with stock MT packs that appear to be in really good shape, i.e. no sag, and they clearly sit 2"+ higher in the rear that std leaf pack MJ's. So, IIUC, you offer "stock" MT packs, which should offer some "lift" over non-MT packs, and you offer MT packs that offer have add'l lift effect in them through the mfg process?

Don (hornbrod) has used stock Metric Tonne springs and has gotten a net 2-1/2" of lift, if I read his post correctly. We offer stock Metric Tonne spring packs. We do not have lifted Metric Tonne springs in the 3+2 configuration. We do offer 1440 lb. capacity, 4+1 springs in either 3" or 4-1/2" lift. I am running a set of 4-1/2" springs on my truck.

-Tom

I did SOA on a 2" lift with an 8.25 swap and got over 10 inches. It is actually not a good thing because I was counting on it going to about 6" so now my 5.5" front looks ridiculous with a 10" rear. But I can't really level it out by raising the front unless I go to long arms, and I am not going to lower the rear because it gets old dragging the bumper of the truck on every single rock with the LWB. So for me, it will stay until I have money for longarms and 9" springs and the other complications with lifting a truck that high. I think that the results of an SOA vary based on how springs are worn and what type of spring you have as well as things like an axle swap being factored into an SOA as SOA time is the best time to do an axle swap.