recomdend engine swaps for 2.5l mj

i have a 86 converted 2wd-4wd mj long armed. i spent alot money on suspention and i made custom stainless stearing. i have cracked block. ive hurd about the 3.4 comaro swap. I'm looking for a v6. any sugestions for 1986

3.4 is an ideal swap for upgrading from a 2.8, since it's the same block and already set up for a V6.

If you're looking for ease, simply replacing the 2.5 would be your best bet. If you don't mind doing a little bit of fab work and wiring, a 3.4 would be good though. The 2.5 uses the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the 2.8 and 3.4, so you should be able to retain your transmission and driveshafts.

Once upon a time I tabulated a lot of random data I've gathered on swapping a 3.4 for a 2.5. It's in a word document located here:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/jeepcomanche/files/

If you aren't a member at our old yahoo site, you may have to wait a day since I'll be on the road all of today and can't approve you until I get back home. but I'll get on it asap. :thumbsup:

Here is what you do.

1. Buy a stock 4.0 MJ

2. Swap your steering, suspension and any other desireable parts onto MJ #2

3. Sell the old one complete with a cracked block.

4. Enjoy your new found power and fuel injection.

That is a hell of a lot easier and cheaper than a 4.0 swap, or most others for that matter. If your smart you'll actually come out ahead :thumbsup:

Here is what you do.

1. Buy a stock 4.0 MJ

2. Swap your steering, suspension and any other desireable parts onto MJ #2

3. Sell the old one complete with a cracked block.

4. Enjoy your new found power and fuel injection.

That is a hell of a lot easier and cheaper than a 4.0 swap, or most others for that matter. If your smart you'll actually come out ahead :thumbsup:

:agree:

Unless your planning on doing a v-8 swap later... Just plain ol' buying a 4.0L MJ is cheaper, and easier by far.

Rob L.