MY mj project(check it out) tell me what you think.

:USAflag: found it on craigslist for $1600. since spent about $2500 in repairs and fixes. when i first got it. nothing work! . no gauges no light nothing. but it runs. and i was told the front is a 6.5" lift and the rear was a 8" leaf spring axle over lift.... so after the electric mess i regeared the axles to 4.10 gears. and got the 6"drop pitman arm. and then custom track bar. and then $800 to have my clutch rebuild and new slave cylinder and some other Stuff. and the rear main and front main seals. it does not leak oil now. jamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gif has plenty of power for my 36" mickey Thomson baja Belted. but it gets me to the best fishing spots and around town.... my tires hit the fenders and the frame... ..

set up an account at Photobucket.com its free and will let you host photos here.

you just copy and paste the image code from the pics on your photobucket page here and the photo will show up here.

Thanks guys. and i live in Medford, oregon 541..... My wife just had my baby . he is a premie born 3 months early... so i don't have enough money for the things i need. But it would be could to meet up i have seen 2 other mj in my area worth looking @ ...... i need to get a slip yoke eliminator and the cheapest one i found locally was

$220 but you guys know of a cheaper price hit me up. and i have a spare front cv drive line that I'm going customized by walker driveline. and of course that :doh: rear Dana 35 .and later i plan to replace it with the ford 8.8" 32-spline. (((((((((((((((((((Notice the two 35C marks in the housing. The "C" stands for Custom because Chrysler bought incomplete axles from Dana.the ford axle has an 8.8" ring gear (compared to the Dana 44's 8.5" ring gear). The 8.8" axle comes in the Ford Explorer, so it's available and cheap. It's about the right width (about 1.25" narrower), and has disc brakes. An important feature of the Explorer 8.8" axle is the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern, which will match your Jeep's pattern. At least one company (M.O.R.E.)

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/ is making a weld-on conversion kit for the 8.8" axle ('95 through '01), so some of the guess work is eliminated.)))))))))))))))))))))))

i don't wheel it as much as i want to because the rear drive line . but when i do wheel the tires hit the outside fenders, it rocks. . but it does great with 36" as long as i don't drive like a :doh: hole .... and 4.10 gearing.

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/axle/xj_dana44_02/

Walker Drive Line Services Inc

1073 S Pacific Hwy

Talent, OR 97540-6644

(541) 535-5508‎

:doh: rear Dana 35 .and later i plan to replace it with the ford 8.8" 32-spline. (((((((((((((((((((Notice the two 35C marks in the housing. The "C" stands for Custom because Chrysler bought incomplete axles from Dana.the ford axle has an 8.8" ring gear (compared to the Dana 44's 8.5" ring gear). The 8.8" axle comes in the Ford Explorer, so it's available and cheap. It's about the right width (about 1.25" narrower), and has disc brakes. An important feature of the Explorer 8.8" axle is the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern, which will match your Jeep's pattern. At least one company (M.O.R.E.)

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/ is making a weld-on conversion kit for the 8.8" axle ('95 through '01), so some of the guess work is eliminated.)))))))))))))))))))))))8‎

oldest tricks in the book, but its good to see you know what you're getting into with it before-hand :cheers:

cool lookin truck man

:cheers: thanks man ,,, yeah the dana 35 does alright right now because i don't trash on it. but i have a new money pit thats not a truck .

Image Not Found I'm only 22 with a kid. but ill make it . but yeah all these old school tricks to you is all new info to me. what do you guys think about the drive line should i shorten it or have a slip yolk and CV installed ?

unless you're having driveline vibration or noisy u-joints i see no reason that it won't last like it is.

you wanna make sure to put new joints in the shaft if you do any major lifts cause they don't like to change angles, but if they're tight and you've got plenty of slip before the shaft comes out of the t-case then just ride man

what is this thing ........... :clapping: ................ your right. but it is a still a weak piece of poop not worth having as a rear axle :no:

"

Chrysler 8.25 - 27 spline, 1.17" diameter shafts, 8.25" ring gear, 3" axle tube - used 91-96

Chrysler 8.25 - 29 spline, 1.21" diameter shafts, 8.25" ring gear, 3" axle tube - used 97-01

Strength wise, the Chrysler 8.25" fits between the Dana 35 and Dana 44. The axle has more splines than the Dana 35 and less splines than the Dana 44. Unlike the Dana 44 and like the Dana 35 it has the weaker c-clips . "

http://www.jeepforum.com/wiki/index.php/Chrysler_8.25

like the Dana 35 it has the weaker c-clips . "

Ummm, my Dana 35 does NOT have C-clips.

Care to rephrase that statement?

Also, the problem with C clips is not that they are weaker, it is that IF you break an axle, there's nothing holding the end with the wheel on it onto the truck.

like the Dana 35 it has the weaker c-clips . "

Ummm, my Dana 35 does NOT have C-clips.

Care to rephrase that statement?

Also, the problem with C clips is not that they are weaker, it is that IF you break an axle, there's nothing holding the end with the wheel on it onto the truck.

Its not what I'm saying its what http://www.jeepforum.com/wiki/index.php/Chrysler_8.25 says but i guess your right u don't have c-clips. I'm still new to the jeep Comanche world sorry if i get some things wrong i was never told what anything about the truck when i got it. the guy i got it from did now know anything about it. and when i got tags the truck has not been registered on the road for 8 years out of Cali and i live in Oregon. image_209027.gifimage_209027.gif but now my running lights don't work but breaks and blinkers do.? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :wall: :wall: :wall: can someone help me

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=968732&highlight=double+shackle

Read the entire thread. From its conception to its ultimate demise.

" Double shackles, if you must do it, should operate like this, as everyone else has noted"

they have some dude that is not running his double shack right "The whole point of using double shackles is to gain travel/articulation, NOT for lifting purposes." ..................................................................... "The whole point of using double shackles is to gain travel/articulation" why should i give this up ? :cheers: and i don't run sway bars which hurt travel/artication..................... and i saw a pink Comanche to day it was :doh: different

Obviously you didn't read that whole thread. Go ahead and run a double shackle, its a great idea! In fact, if 2 are better than one, why not just keep adding shackles. image_209027.gif........................................................................................................................................................................... but for real yeah its bad. it was on the truck when i got it so..... but i don't have much money right now to have someone take it off..... . i will take it off when i get my truck in a shop....... . i wish i had the money to fix all the small things . just don't . image_209027.gif