Admin out to lunch...

Pete M

Leaving tomorrow morning (June 26th) for Georgia. Only there for a day and then I'm heading to Florida. Only there for 2 days to help a friend move (who's stuck up in Michigan and the buyer of their condo wants to take residence by the 1st) and then back to GA for a few days, maybe a week.

Internet access may be sporadic so please be patient. If anyone knows of a new member trying to sign up, let them know it might be a couple days, but they'll be approved as soon as I can. :thumbsup:

Leaving tomorrow morning for Georgia. Only there for a day and then I'm heading to Florida. Only there for 2 days to help a friend move (who's stuck up in Michigan and the buyer of their condo wants to take residence by the 1st) and then back to GA for a few days, maybe a week.

Internet access may be sporadic so please be patient. If anyone knows of a new member trying to sign up, let them know it might be a couple days, but they'll be approved as soon as I can. :thumbsup:

I still haven't been approved, any chance you can get to that before you leave?

Well, just as I suspected, the internet is painfully slow here (stealing local wi-fi). :fs1:

so I'm likely to not be as chatty as usual. :typing: Which sucks cause it's oppressively hot outside. I don't know how you southerners deal with it day in day out. :ack:

you tend to adapt, but you have to be here for awhile.....few years ago I was out working in the yard sweating my nads off (it was like 100F and about 80% humidity), all of a sudden I realize that my body had gone BONE dry and I started shivering :dunno: I put my tools down to go inside and get a drink of water, and woke up about four hours later on the couch.......I don't remember a thing that happened.

You learn to pace yourself, drink LOTS of water (not beer), stay in the shade as much as you can, and time your activities outside accordingly. I'll be mowing my lawn starting at 0630 tomorrow morning, in fact. I should be done by 9-9:30 or so, then in to shower and inside in the A/C for the rest of the day until about 6-7:00.

Ever seen the movie "The Chronicles of Riddick"? Yeah, it's kinda like that...... :yes:

Jeff

you tend to adapt, but you have to be here for awhile.....few years ago I was out working in the yard sweating my nads off (it was like 100F and about 80% humidity), all of a sudden I realize that my body had gone BONE dry and I started shivering :dunno: I put my tools down to go inside and get a drink of water, and woke up about four hours later on the couch.......I don't remember a thing that happened. Jeff

Hey Jeff, it's like frigid in the Richmond area compared to here. :D I been waiting for a "cool" day to finally install new front brake pads, rotors, calipers, and lines. Today was the first day it hasn't been over 100 degrees in a couple of weeks (only 97), so I got 'er done after drinking about two gallons of water and losing about 10 lbs. in sweat. But I still like it better than the crap the northern guys go thru every winter. That truly sucks.

I'm busy re-hydrating tonight with copious amounts of MHL. :cheers:

Well, just as I suspected, the internet is painfully slow here (stealing local wi-fi). :fs1:

so I'm likely to not be as chatty as usual. :typing: Which sucks cause it's oppressively hot outside. I don't know how you southerners deal with it day in day out. :ack:

I load my camel back up with ice 'n' water everyday.. Drink it all then refill it at least twice a day.. One of the many good things the Army taught me was to stay hydrated..

Oh and keg stands are a good way to cool off real quick too.... :D

Back in GA from FL, and boy are my arms tired. That was a lot of work moving out an entire condo. :ack: thank goodness that the local Goodwill came and got the stuff that was being donated. Other wise I'd have been loading up the trailer twice. No make that 3 times since I did load the trailer twice with the same stuff after we discovered there was way too much tongue weight (this borrowed trailer looks almost like it should have been a double axle but they didn't install the forward most axle at the factory :dunno: ) and had to do our best to shift the heavy stuff back even more. In the end we were successful and didn't kill ourselves or anyone else on the trip back up to GA. Thanks God for small miracles. :bowdown:

So the bottom line is that I now have the same slow internet as before (but it sure beats the zero internet I had in FL)

OH it beyond hot i tryed putting a starter in the mj two days ago it was like 98. :grrrr:

Well, looks like tomorrow I'm heading back north to Michigan. I wanted to stay through the weekend but it just wasn't in the cards. Should be a fun day of driving though. 12+ hours of just me and the dogs in the Liberty pulling a big trailer. Fun stuff. :shake: To the guys in GA that I didn't get to hang out with this trip, I should be back in August. :thumbsup:

on the plus side, this Saturday, when it's 96* here in Atlanta, I'll be chillin' in Mich with its brisk 82* :D

Well, looks like tomorrow I'm heading back north to Michigan. I wanted to stay through the weekend but it just wasn't in the cards. Should be a fun day of driving though. 12+ hours of just me and the dogs in the Liberty pulling a big trailer. Fun stuff. :shake: To the guys in GA that I didn't get to hang out with this trip, I should be back in August. :thumbsup:

on the plus side, this Saturday, when it's 96* here in Atlanta, I'll be chillin' in Mich with its brisk 82* :D

Make sure to clean the MAP sensor and unplug the MAF before you leave for optimal fuel mileage.

Finally made it home. :banana: The libby pulled like a champ, but that huge enclosed trailer is just a gigantic sail and the mpgs were pretty pathetic. :shake: Oh well. I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow is a long day of unpacking. :doh:

Finally made it home. :banana: The libby pulled like a champ, but that huge enclosed trailer is just a gigantic sail and the mpgs were pretty pathetic. :shake: Oh well. I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow is a long day of unpacking. :doh:

What kinda MPG didja get?

19-21 (according to the trip comp which means it was even worse). But I could have gotten better if I wasn't tooling along at 70 (running pretty much effortlessly I might add). :D I love that little diesel. :bowdown: I've now pulled the same trailer with similar light loads in it with both the CRD (MI to GA and back) and an 08 Libby with the 3.7 (GA to FL, coming back was loaded to the gills so that doesn't really count) and the CRD and its older platform just outperformed the newer stuff, hands down. :dunno:

19-21 (according to the trip comp which means it was even worse). But I could have gotten better if I wasn't tooling along at 70 (running pretty much effortlessly I might add). :D I love that little diesel. :bowdown: I've now pulled the same trailer with similar light loads in it with both the CRD (MI to GA and back) and an 08 Libby with the 3.7 (GA to FL, coming back was loaded to the gills so that doesn't really count) and the CRD and its older platform just outperformed the newer stuff, hands down. :dunno:

Ya, its real easy to push that little diesel and just go nuts. You can climb the passes on I70 here at 80mph all day, but your mileage sure does drop.