tailgate handle

i just got through making many improvements on the mj while on vacation.i added a new hesco w/p,high flow housing and t-stat,professional products balancer,alternator,belt,idler pulley,oil filter adapter o-rings,2 1/2 aluminized exhaust with 2-chamber flowmaster and slightly larger grand cherokee front sway bar.now my damn tailgate handle broke.does anyone know if a new handle is still available?

I read somewhere that one of the other manufacturers' parts fit. I wanna say S-10, but hopefully someone will be more certain of it than me.

Previous posts have said that 93 and older S-10/S-15 handles are the same. A quick search of this site against "tailgate handle" confirms that.

i just got a new dorman tailgate handle for a 82-93 s-10 and it does not work.anyother suggestions?

What doesn't work? It doesn't bolt into position, rod connections are different, or ___?

the bolt pattern is different.ours looks like a triangle pattern where the s-10 has one bolt completely offset.when i seen this i didn't even take it out of the pack in case they wouldn't accept it as a return.maybe the newer s-10s would work but the 82-93 doesn't,not at least without drilling out the tailgate and other possible modifications.

Can you snap a picture? Maybe they sent you the wrong one? I've heard more than once about the S-10 handles and you're the first instance that said they don't work. I'm shooting blind here though since I don't have direct personal experience. :(

i don't have anyway of shooting pics.the bolt pattern is different.my grandmother has a 94 s-10 and there was a post about cutting the opening larger to make a newer s-10 handle work so i'm going to check out her tailgate handle monday.