Replacement stock leaf springs

Looking for sources for replacement leaf springs, I just had a SOA lift done in my 87 long bed and the leaf springs are a little saggy. the plan for now is to slip another leaf from a different pack in as a homemade add a leaf. this should hopefully work but for the just in case situation that this falls through I would like to find some places that offer replacement leaf packs.

I know that Hellcreek do offer a metric ton spring pack but the price is kinda steep for what I'm willing to put into my truck.

doing a quick search with google I found these places:

http://www.generalspringkc.com/index.ph ... t=143&pg=1 Still a little pricey (I'm no expert on the real value of these I just cannot see putting 400+ into my truck for rear springs)

http://www.everdrive.com/partdetails.as ... n=shopping this place looks like used oem or pretty much an on line junk yard.

http://www.thesuspensionking.com/catalo ... manche.php and here is another that I found and this one has a sweet looking mascot!

anyway I was just wondering if these are pretty universal prices for springs. I know that a lot of people make lift springs but if I were to put those in it would bring my truck way up and it would probably not be very legal.

Thanks for any help,

Jonathan

I ran those saggy springs (with an extra main as an AAL) for years and the flex was awesome. :D When I decided to replace them, I found a set in Florida on car-part.com and picked them up on the way back from a Disney vacation. Now the rust-free leafs are installed (again with an extra main leaf as an AAL) and thus far I dislike them. They are too stiff for my tastes. But eventually I'll be able to wheel more often and break them in right. :D

contact hell creek suspension, they might have a set of rear metric ton springs. i think they were 300 for the pair.

I checked their website and they says that they give the price per springs, the metric ton spring is 380 so total for one truck is 760 just for the springs. but if you would like to prove me wrong about the price I would be very happy jamminz.gif

for now I'm going to do the old springs with an added leaf off the other springs so maybe it will be OK, but I'm just looking for options just in case it is crap when we get it all together.

Thanks,

Jonathan

This was posted not too long ago:

3+2 (three thin leafs, two thick leafs) newly manufactured Metric Tonne spec leaf spring packs. Three sets available. Contact Tom via email for details @ tlaher@hellcreeksuspensions.com

From Tom: The price for a pair of these springs will be $366.00, plus shipping. The shipping weight of each spring is 61 lbs.

Image Not Found

[for now I'm going to do the old springs with an added leaf off the other springs so maybe it will be OK, but I'm just looking for options just in case it is crap when we get it all together.

Get a set of Cherokee leaves and cut the eyes off the main leaves. Use those for your AALs. The Cherokee springs have less arch, so using the XJ main leaf will add capacity without adding a lot of lift.

[for now I'm going to do the old springs with an added leaf off the other springs so maybe it will be OK, but I'm just looking for options just in case it is crap when we get it all together.

Get a set of Cherokee leaves and cut the eyes off the main leaves. Use those for your AALs. The Cherokee springs have less arch, so using the XJ main leaf will add capacity without adding a lot of lift.

In reference to this suggestion, I have a set of XJ packs just sitting behind my house, and the eyes are already cut off. I have them listed up for sale on here. PM me for details/pics.

3+2 (three thin leafs, two thick leafs) newly manufactured Metric Tonne spec leaf spring packs. Three sets available. Contact Tom via email for details @ tlaher@hellcreeksuspensions.com

From Tom: The price for a pair of these springs will be $366.00, plus shipping. The shipping weight of each spring is 61 lbs.

Image Not Found

Hi, Jonathan,

Pete is correct. That price is for a pair of springs (2).

Thanks,

Tom

Image Not Found

Hi, Jonathan,

Pete is correct. That price is for a pair of springs (2).

Thanks,

Tom

...and I can vouch for Tom and his products :thumbsup: . Quality stuff and Tom is a great guy to work with.