I finally qualify for fleet insurance

Automan2164

Just got back from my latest purchase, which, according to state farm, now makes me eligible for fleet insurance. Just added a '93 4 Door XJ, 4.0L HO, AX15, NP231, with a six inch rubicon express lift :yes: , and 31" BFG AT's to the family. Brings me up to 5 vehicles. (State farms min for fleet coverage). Not that I'll insure anything but my driver, but its cool knowing I can. ;)

I found out it has a incomplete kit for the RE stuff. Lacking the upper arms, I am sure a few other things, has the new full leaf packs for the 6", but they don't do me any good. It does have the sway bar disco's, shocks, springs, lower arms... Basically, a good running start at what i need for the front of the MJ. Has a new slave, and lines. BFG's are in great shape. Came with a full set of 4 doors to replace the rusty ones (which just happen to be the same color i needed to replace the MJ doors 8) ) Complete with power and wing-winders. Has 285K on it, but runs awesome. Should be all I need to do the HO conversion on the '90.

Only thing wrong with it is that the passenger side rotor grenaded. Needs a set of rotors and pads, and I'm bringing it home. :brows: Most likely, once I am done pulling the MJ specific stuff I need, I am probably parting out the remaining XJ stuff. I am sure someone would be interested in a set of 6" RE leaf packs...rear doors, interior stuff... :dunno: I'll post when I am ready to start parting with stuff.

All this being said, I only paid $400. :banana:

Score! Seems like I have a horse shoe up the arse lately. :cheers:

Rob L.

When you part it out PM me. my brother needs a set of 6.5" rear leafs for his xj.

well, for what is soon going to be scrapped...he's working on financing on a brand newish 01 xj and will be swapping everything from his old one to the new one :D. his rear springs just suck tho

Thanks, and I asked my agent one day on a joke. She said its about the same as insuring 5 vehicles really... Just laughed and didn't ask more. I'm sure there HAS to be an upside...

Rob L.

well I am already insuring 5 vehicles, it would be nice to save a little.

Complete with power and wing-winders.

WTF are these Rob?

:rotf:

The latching corner windows. Just tossing in a little hick. Page out of Redneck thesarus.

Windows > Winders

Pronounced like (wind) ers.

Rob L.

Shoot, I've been at 6 plus 4 antiques and they never said anything. Of course now there are two young drivers. Being an auto enhanced person as I am, I think the driver should be the one insured not the car. Only can drive one at a time and you might be driving someone elses car like a rental. As for rates, drivers are the hazard not the car. (like guns don't kill people do) Of course if you drive a Corvette you have a higher potential to speed than if you have a Yugo. However, the chance for an accident may be the same, but the amount of damage might be more. Just like SUV's cause more damage that non SUV, so the insurance companies say.

Oh but insuring the driver rather than the car would be profiling people which isn't PC. Doesn't matter that the driver is the cause.

It's simple everyone starts at the same low age based rate rate. First accident, rate goes up based on the amount of damage. Once you pay off a reasonable portion of the claim, your rate goes back down. If you have more claims before you paid it off, the rate goes higher. Either you surrender yor priviledges because you can't pay the bill or at some point they just take it. Get caught driving at this point and your in jail.