Click a link, it takes me away...

I'm not sure if this goes in here, or the pub, sorry.

Whenever someone has a link posted, and I click it, it doesn't open a new tab, it just takes my current window to that page. It's not like this on any other websites I go to. Is this a setting that I have to change, or is it on CC's end? I just want it to open a tab if I click a link in someone's post.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It has something to do with the set-up of the site. It started doing that after the last major update was done to the site, and we have talked about it a couple times, but I guess there is nothing that can be done.

If you are using Internet Explorer, just try to remember to right click on the link first and select "open in new window" or "open in new tab". It has become a habit for me now.

If there is a way to change it, I haven't found it yet. :dunno: But if I do, I'll make an announcement about it. :D

If you have a mouse with the roller ball, clicking the roller ball will open them in a new tab (at least with firefox it does, I don't know much about explorer anymore).

It depends on how you have your mouse set up. Clicking on the scroll wheel on mine creates multiple small windows on my screen showing everything I have open. The operation of hte mouse buttons is controlled by the mouse settings, not the browser. ;)

If there is a way to change it, I haven't found it yet. :dunno: But if I do, I'll make an announcement about it. :D

If you have a mouse with the roller ball, clicking the roller ball will open them in a new tab (at least with firefox it does, I don't know much about explorer anymore).

I'm thinking thats a Firefox only option, Pete.

It depends on how you have your mouse set up. Clicking on the scroll wheel on mine creates multiple small windows on my screen showing everything I have open. The operation of hte mouse buttons is controlled by the mouse settings, not the browser. ;)

Very true. Forgot to mention that. :doh:

There's an option in Firefox to force all links be opened in new tabs.

I wonder if that would make every new forum open in a new tab though...

I'll try the roller ball thing, I use firefox.

• 7 months later...

I'm thinking thats a Firefox only option, Pete.

Old post brought back to life, but the mouse scroll button works in IE too. Thanks Pete. I always forget to right click.

You can declare it in the HTML code also

Your Text

Edit the text in red and add TARGET="_blank" to your link code.

Open all links in a new window

If you're linking to a lot of other web sites within your web page and would like to open all of your links in a new window, this HTML code is for you.

The following HTML code will enable you to open all of your links in a new window. Place this code between your

and tags within your HTML: