what is "RE"?

uhhh I was just wondering what everyone is talking about when they say they got the "RE" lift or something?... yeah, thanks haha (I'm new at this, don't make fun)

RE is Rubicon Express

RC is Rough Country

OME is Old Man Emu

RK is Rock Krawler

much as I hate to add this one, MO is Motion Offroad.

yup, those coils are what you want.

buy/make low profile (1/2" height from top of axle to top of spring perch) spring perches to keep yourself right around 5.5" or so of lift.

you will also need adjustable control arms (upper and lower), or a set of drop brackets. With drop brackets, you can only use the bracket itself, not the reinforcement extension, as these are designed for a cherokee....comanche LCA (lower control arm) mounts are beefier than xj ones so only the drop itself will work. drop brackets would be nearly OK for 5.5" lift.

you'll also need a trackbar (adjustable) and preferably not from Rusty's...I would buy an RK or RE track bar and the heavy duty (HD) trackbar upper bracket.

then you just need sway bar links/disconnects.

$855.70 for everything from RE not including drop brackets, only adj. control arms, also not including sway bar links/disconnects

holy guacamole, I might as well save up the extra $300 and buy the whole damn lift kit all complete

$855.70 for everything from RE not including drop brackets, only adj. control arms, also not including sway bar links/disconnects

holy guacamole, I might as well save up the extra $300 and buy the whole damn lift kit all complete

...if you are buying a kit with adjustable control arms (uppers AND lowers), then you DO NOT need drop brackets.

That is the right way to think. It does not make sense to try and piece things together. Save a little more money and do it right to start with :thumbsup:

On an XJ or TJ, yes. On an MJ, no. We have a much longer wheelbase and it lessens the angles of the U-joints. A SYE is still a good upgrade if he can swing the cash. He will need a slightly longer driveshaft though.

...if you are buying a kit with adjustable control arms (uppers AND lowers), then you DO NOT need drop brackets.

I recommend drop brackets even with adj control arms....your ride will be terrible @ 5"+ on short arms...i know from experience...i now have D/B on mine and it so much smoother....HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM if you plan on that height

Ride smoothness depends a lot on shocks. I have 6.5" with adjustable short arms, NO drop brackets and shocks meant for a compact car. Rides way nicer than my stock 94 XJ with Skyjacker shocks. The Skyjacker shocks make the XJ ride like a 3/4 ton truck.