BBC's '89 2500 MJ build!

5.5.09 I did not end up using these parts.... I just made my own and went with a different style.

And your going to need to remove the header panel mount pieces off the Alex 2500 fenders to use on the OE US fenders. I'm going to remake them because they are of the same top notch quality as the fenders.

Note the rust under the grey paint/primer.

And if there was any more doubt about the quality of these fenders check out the lower mount stud.

Nice phillips screw. :shake:

enough said.

Looking forward to getting this done because it's holding me up from getting the bodywork and paint....

-Chris

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about Rescue Green like my JK, but someone on here has one.... Then I was thinking bright red, but Sir Sam is doing his that same color and is also using the 2500 clip. So bright metallic silver keeps popping up as a good choice. I remember seeing a copper or burnt amber color on a TJ that was pretty sharp.... but don't know how it would look on an MJ.

I was thinking about Rescue Green like my JK, but someone on here has one.... Then I was thinking bright red, but Sir Sam is doing his that same color and is also using the 2500 clip. So bright metallic silver keeps popping up as a good choice. I remember seeing a copper or burnt amber color on a TJ that was pretty sharp.... but don't know how it would look on an MJ.

Ya I'm doing mine PR4(flame red).

how about a sunset orange?

Nissan-350Z-Sunset-Orange-brick-roadster-r-1024x768.jpg

z06%202006-06-02%2016.34.07.00.jpg

And here is the truck with the 2500 nose on some hybrid fenders. Still needs some fit and finish work but it is looking better than the first attempt with the China fenders. It's weird how much the header hangs over where the stock bumper goes. ;)

-Chris

I'm starting to think that Alex Parts has never seen a real 2500 and just copied the stuff from photo's. The headlamps fit like crap. From what I can tell the 2 studs on the back locate it in the header and there are 2 screw clip on the top of the lamp to secure it to the header.

*If you use the studs to locate it..... they are cantered and the gap is not consistant. So I removed the studs to try and get a better fit but it's not much better.

*The 2 screws on top of the lamp assy. are 3/4" away from the header panel and if you were to tighten them down it would either break the lamp or crack the header.

So I don't know really how much more I want to do..... It's no fun getting kicked in the bag everynight, it's like one step forward five back. This stuff is holding me up. And I hate to say it but if I don't see some more progress in the next week I'm going to put the 97+ stuff that was on it back on and get on to the paint. And the 2500 stuff can wait until another day when I have more mock-up time.

-Chris

The white box on the back of the light (with gears in it) and the brass screw below and to the left are the adjustment knobs. The white box part does not have the adjustment knob included with the light.... I don't know what to think about the studs :???: ... But I'll keep working at it, whatever that means. Starting to think it would be easier to just put a Grand Cherokee clip on.

The white box on the back of the light (with gears in it) and the brass screw below and to the left are the adjustment knobs. The white box part does not have the adjustment knob included with the light.... I don't know what to think about the studs :???: ... But I'll keep working at it, whatever that means. Starting to think it would be easier to just put a Grand Cherokee clip on.

Well if you decided to ditch the 2500 stuff you should sell me those fenders. :brows: :brows: :brows:

Also, those studs do screw out, I was thinking about removing them and putting something else in their place.

Well after putting in some more hours last night with it I think I got it to fit, still need to fit the hood... thought I would stop while I was winning the battle. :yes:

Just me know when you want the other stuff sent out.

-Chris