Lower Door Weatherstrip??

Don, do you think it would make sense to purchase a couple of sets being that they are just taped on now? That's bound to come off at some point, may as well "stock up" while they're available.

That 3M tape is pretty solid and lasts forever if applied correctly. Plus there's no wind to get under them located where they are and they are not going to blow off. So you can always re-apply more 3M tape if needed.

I had a 96 XJ I bought new in 97 from AAFES in Guam; got it real cheap because it was caught in a typhoon and sat for about a week in salt water up to the floor. I remember it had these same moldings on all four doors and when I sold it three years later they were all still tight. :D

Thanks Don,

I located one and installed it on the drivers side door and was amazed at how much quieter it is despite my STT tires howling I could hear the radio a lot better.

Add some new water dams in the doors too Joe if you want it really quiet, and a late model XJ hood pad. :D

Thanks Don,

I located one and installed it on the drivers side door and was amazed at how much quieter it is despite my STT tires howling I could hear the radio a lot better.

Add some new water dams in the doors too Joe if you want it really quiet, and a late model XJ hood pad. :D

Don,

What is a water dam? is it another discontinued part? I have the weatherstrip for the passenger side coming in tomorrow, the only other weather strip issue I have is a vent window leak. I bought a new weather gasket for it, but it looks like it will be a pain to install.

:ack:

Don,

What is a water dam? is it another discontinued part? I have the weatherstrip for the passenger side coming in tomorrow, the only other weather strip issue I have is a vent window leak. I bought a new weather gasket for it, but it looks like it will be a pain to install.

Yes, another discontinued part. Get 'em from Team Cherokee HERE. They call them a Water Shield.

Don,

Yes, another discontinued part. Get 'em from Team Cherokee HERE. They call them a Water Shield.

Thanks Don I will definitely check that one out, I have to replace a window balast in one of my doors so this should be a fun weekend project! :cheers:

• 9 years later...
On 4/3/2009 at 1:59 PM, HOrnbrod said:

Here ya go JT:

eda5bd7774843ab00f7fa91f0e488d98.jpg

7ceb5204bd32c89da249c6f3df987fb3.jpg

So stoked, first try looking and found some at the pull-and-pay in Denver today, as well some with the riveted strip but opted to go with the adhesive ones instead for ease of installation. There's more there if anyone else is looking BTW... 

Well, so much for the easy installation haha. The hardest part was scraping off the old OEM residue of the double sided tape off the strips. But, a sharp razor blade, some goo gone, a little acetone did the trick. Reapplied with some "Extremely Strong" 3M tape and they're good to go. While I was at the JY I also pulled some extra rubber door seals off a Grand Cherokee and put that above the bottom strip too for even more extra protection. Why not, right?  It wrapped all the way up to the door locks and I think is going to really seal the bottom from water, wind and noise. Have the door panel off right now after fixing my driver side lock (wasn't very easy either) that was destroyed after someone jimmy'ed it open with a screwdriver to steal a jacket in Portland like 5 years ago. Haven't had a functional locking cab since then...

IMG_5404.jpg

• 5 years later...