Lower shifter boot.

I gotta find a solution to the lower shifter boot. Mine is shredded and currently taped up with electrical tape to keep it from falling down on the trans. Anyone got any ideas on a replacement? Even if it is a little different shape where it mounts to the tunnel I can live with that. I would love an exact replacement but I belive we determined awhile ago none were available. So any ideas?

2101784130045357542S600x600Q85.jpg

2592167560045357542S600x600Q85.jpg

3 things come to mind-

leather- replaceable, it can be waterproofed, cut to any shape- leater/vynal "pleather"

how about a "universal CV boot"? get a soft one off a weenie car with small axleshaft and use a hoseclamp-

or, digging deep here- a house vent cap- their stairstepped, cutable for size- come hard and soft.

I replaced one years back with what came in a old honda accord- any sheet of rubber will work as long as its super flexable-

Try the Stealership, then. You want the boot for a '97-06 TJ.

Ok I will give that a shot and see if it works.

I have the TJ Parts catalog at home on PDF... can get a part # this evening ... I'm looking for the same thing...

Wade

How do you get the inner boot past the large end at the bottom of the shifter? My old one seemed to be past the large end. If I remove the shifter from the transmission it's still pressed into the fitting. Thanks for looking up the part number SW2.

Image Not Found

You don't. The inner boot rests on top of the wide part of the shifter. Yours has either stretched over the years/shifts and fallen down or has split, and then fallen.

You don't. The inner boot rests on top of the wide part of the shifter. Yours has either stretched over the years/shifts and fallen down or has split, and then fallen.

Thanks ren, I was wondering if that was the case, however, there was a "collar" of what seemed to be boot remnants that was very tight around the shifter below the wide portion. In any case I'll leave it on top when I get the new one.