3-4" lift kits?

Now that my MJ is running good (only needs a mufler now) I'm in the market for alittle lift. There are some cheap 30x9.50 ATs on it right now and when my buddy lifts his bronco I'm getting his BFG 31 ATs. So i'm looking for some lift for more ground clearance and to fit those 31s alittle better when i get them. But I'm not wanting to spend too much on the lift. All we got around here is mud and I jsut drive my MJ around Base so I don't have to worry too much about highway ride and articulation right now. Later down the road I'm going to do a SOA and put it up to around 5-6" so I'll do all those other things then.

Who/what do yall recomend?

If you know you want more than 3" later, I'd wait. Save a little money, do a lot of research, and make a plan. Go from stock to billy-badass trailmachine. Building it in steps is going to cost more in the long run.

:agree:

A good lift kit that will lift you 3-4" will cost you $600 - $900 depending on exactly how you do it. If you cut corners you can do it for probably $500 - $600. A 3-4" kit is going to require (at minimum) coil springs, lower control arms, track bar, sway bar links, shocks and a rear add-a-leaf.

I did the RE 3.5" Super Ride with 3" Hell Creek leaf springs in the rear. I added upper control arms and an adjustable track bar to mine so if one paid retail price (which I did not) they would be in to it for about $1000.

When you decide to go bigger...all of this stuff gets repalced again...

If you know you want more than 3" later, I'd wait. Save a little money, do a lot of research, and make a plan. Go from stock to billy-badass trailmachine. Building it in steps is going to cost more in the long run.

:agree:

A good lift kit that will lift you 3-4" will cost you $600 - $900 depending on exactly how you do it. If you cut corners you can do it for probably $500 - $600. A 3-4" kit is going to require (at minimum) coil springs, lower control arms, track bar, sway bar links, shocks and a rear add-a-leaf.

I did the RE 3.5" Super Ride with 3" Hell Creek leaf springs in the rear. I added upper control arms and an adjustable track bar to mine so if one paid retail price (which I did not) they would be in to it for about $1000.

When you decide to go bigger...all of this stuff gets repalced again...

:agree: With Brent. I just installed this lift (at Brents recommendation) with the 3 inch hellcreek metric ton springs. The rear sits a little higher than the RE 3.5 front springs but it has the same lean that a stock MJ has. If you want the front and rear to be closer to even get the non metric ton springs. I replaced my old Rancho 3 inch lift including the rear AAL and the ride is much better than the old lift. I could feel every pebble with the old lift, I also took Don's (hornbrod's recommendation) and used the OME shocks for a perfect ride. :yes: