JeepSkool March 7th & 8th, NE Ohio

• 2 weeks later...

There were at least 2 Comanches besides mine. One completely stock one, and one on 31s I believe I carded. Sorry, no pics of them. Here's what photos I do have:

Gathering:

Winchfest at Photorun Extreme (with Robocon as trail leader):

Blueberry Hill:

Rock Garden:

Flexing:

ME TOO! ME TOO!

Flex and lift:

Climbing Robocon's Last Stand:

Whoops:

Cherokee stuck in the quicksand (Sunday):

Never knew a D35 could be that loud when it snaps an axle. It was louder than the 50 calibre at the gun range. (Yes, this property also has a class III licensed gun range, registered fully autos allowed.)

Too bad, really. Before trying everyone was saying no way he'd make it to the top. It's too wet and muddy. Maybe in August. Up to the point the axle snapped it looked like he was actually going to make it. The driver was like 16 or so, and absolutely fearless.

Got out of the rig, got his cell phone out, dials a number, and says "bring me a shaft", and hangs up. Just like that. He was back on the trail Sunday.

The ride back to the "factory" took him a while, though. It's about 4 miles, his girlfriend driving and him walking (sideways) alongside kicking the tire back in every ten feet or so.

Even though it's called JEEPSkool, it's open to anything 4wd. This weekend I saw Toys (both p/u and FJ), Zukis, Blazers (K5 as well as S10), Broncos (full size as well as II), S10 p/u, rangers, Nissan p/u trucks, and old WW2 army Jeep, 2 full size Chevy's and a full size Dodge.

In the past an H2 has been spotted as well. One of the trail leaders drives a ZR2 Blazer.

Next ride is April 4/5. The only requirement is that you create a user name on JeepSkool.com.

have any more pics of that red and white J10?

there weren't many of them made in that paint colour...I have fond memories of my dad's old J10 that looked just like that.

No, that's the only pic of it. It wasn't a wheeler, it was the tow rig. Rusted all to heck too.

If you look carefully, you can see the white Flatfender on the trailer behind it.