Title issues....I got one......

90eliminator

I have a 90 eliminator that is all ready to go, but the lady at the title office says that she cannot read the title number, Title is old.....original title.... So now she says that I need to apply for a lost or new title through the previous owner. The problem is that the original owner is in Chicago, 4 hours away, and I do not have any of his information, since I bought the truck about 6 months ago....

Any ideas.....

P.S. if you want to PM me with anything that you don't want on the bulletin board that would be very cool....

I had almost the same issue. I went to the tag office and they gave me a form to fill out (not sure of the form number). and then i called the police department and they came out and checked the Vin to see if it was stolen. After that i took it to a attorney office and they filed this form and got a sworn statement from me that I was the new owner and I did not steal it. With in 10 days i had a new title. Not sure if this would work where you live but thats how its done in GA.

can you explain a bonded title.....???
He just did that above... ;)

Here ya go... :thumbsup:

I had almost the same issue. I went to the tag office and they gave me a form to fill out (not sure of the form number). and then i called the police department and they came out and checked the Vin to see if it was stolen. After that i took it to a attorney office and they filed this form and got a sworn statement from me that I was the new owner and I did not steal it. With in 10 days i had a new title. Not sure if this would work where you live but thats how its done in GA.

Usually, you can contact your state office of motor vehicles and request a history of ownership on the vehicle. They will not give you driver's license numbers, but may give you addresses of previous owners depending on the state. They may, however, not cooperate at all due to federal laws on that information.

Secondly, there are companies like Carfax that will run a title search (for a fee) that will identify where it was registered and you can sometimes contact that local jurisdication and plead your case. Given a VIN number you can determine the current owner.