MJ rear spring perch measurements

When I did mine I put it all together hanging from the springs and then centred the axle so I could set pinion angle before I welded the perches in. But my old axle is sitting in the driveway and I'll measure when I take the dog out...if I ever get dressed today!

I'm quite certain it's 42" center to center. I'm 7 hours from my nearest MJ though so I can't go check. Make doubly sure you find the true axle centerline. I screwed that up once on my 9". :D Good thing I didn't have a welder at the time or it could have been real ugly. :shake:

When I did mine I put it all together hanging from the springs and then centred the axle so I could set pinion angle before I welded the perches in. But my old axle is sitting in the driveway and I'll measure when I take the dog out...if I ever get dressed today!

I think this is really the best way to do it, get everything all bolted up, use a hammer to set pinion angle, make sure its centered, then tack the perches, drop it off, and fully weld em on.

Seems safer than trying to measure out in the open.

I measured a MJ, D35 I got laying in the shop today, and came up with this -

42-3/8" c/c on the perches.

From backing plate hub / to center of perch - 6-1/4" (both sides)

From housing flange to center of perch - 14-1/4" drivers side , 12-11/16" Pass side.