DANA30 Frontend Replacement

If the front axle you saw is really from a '98, double check that ratio. 3.73 was not a factory ratio in 1998. Chrysler had pretty much standardized by then. ALL 4.0L 5'speeds were 3.07, ALL 4.0L automatics were 3.55, and ALL 4-cylinders were 4.10.

Saturday is half price day so I'll be there first thing to check it and hopefully pull it.

If I wanted to get a replacement rear driveshaft what will be my issues.

Longbed MJ I would imagine it is in a length class by its own. Or could I be lucky enough that a cherokee or wagoner might be long enough.

I'm replacing my DANA35 with that nice 8.8 I found. Just have a 2" lift.

I know my current more then likely won't fit

So if I have to replace it and I'm at my cheap auto supply what length should I look for - knowing that I'll more then likely have to cut it down.

And how do I measure it?

Found my new frontend (DANA30) to match the Explorer 8.8 - total cost for both of them $175 including tax. I also lucked out the DANA30 had brand new calipers, rotor and pads. Now to clean them up, paint them, install the lunchbox locker on the dana30 and swap the whole thing out.

Shopping at your local junkyard on 50% off day is great.

Going to live with the 3.73 for a while - if I can't stand it any longer then I'll drop a 4.0 into it. They had them for $185

And my last find today was a replacement instrument cluster out of the same year Cherokee as my MJ for $15 and it has full gauges - no more idiot lights. They had 3 - 86 Cherokee for me to find parts off

All in all a very productive week junk yard hoping. But that's part of owning a MJ for those thinking about buying the first MJ