Lift Kits

when it comes to lift kits, i don't know much. so ive been doing some research, well more like browsing and i can't find what I'm looking for. ive got an 88, and I'm looking for an 8 inch kit. I'm not brand loyal but i don't want a POS cheapo.

if worse comes to worse ill just go with a 6.5 from RC or something but i would like to find an 8. or if anyone here has 35's tucked under their rig just let me know your set up.

thanks--giffer

I've been doing a lot of searching for lift kits as well, and haven't come across an 8" lift kit. If I were in your shoes I would do a SOA conversion (5-6.5" lift) in the rear with either some lift springs or an AAL to obtain the extra few inches. In the front you could do 6" springs and 2" spacers or I guess if they make 8" springs, use those. Your comanche front end is identical to a cherokee so for lifting the front you can look at some options in the XJ world. With that much lift you are gonna need an adjustable track bar, upper and lower control arms (preferably a long arm kit). I'm not sure if you will need a SYE or even longer drive shafts, hopefully someone else will chime in. If money is a factor, you'd probably be better off doing a 6.5" kit and trimming your fenders to run 35's. Anywho hope this helps a little.

Skyjacker makes an 8" kit for XJ's (there was one in the classifieds here not long ago), but there is nothing that big made for MJ's. If you have fab ability you could make it work for the front and the rear would have to be a custom make up to match it.

As Pete suggested though...you are going to have to upgrade your axles as well if you intend to run 35's unless you already are a fortunate one to have found a truck the the D44 rear then all you have to do is some upgrade to the strength of the D30 front.

You can easily get 35's under the 6.5" kit if you are willing to do a little trimming. Personally, I would put some Bushwacker flares on it with the 6.5" kit, do the axle upgrades & be done :thumbsup:

I am ordering a 4.5 Spring pack kit from Rustys Offroad. They do have a 8" long travel kit. The only thing you would have to weld is the spring perches to the axle. the rest is bolt on. Good luck on that monster!! 8)

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RK-800LT-MJ&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

80% of the folks that know around here will tell you to stay FAR AWAY from Rustys. Poor quality, poor customer service etc, etc... DON'T DO IT!! :no:

Pay a little more money and get a good kit from a better supplier :thumbsup:

I have a mixture on mine. I have the RE 3.5" Super Ride kit on the front and the Hell Creek 3" leaf springs on the rear. I am very happy with the ride all around :thumbsup:

I did the AAL thing to start with and, while it did the trick, it was a VERY rough ride. An AAL is OK for a temporary solution, but it will sag back down in just a year or so.

well for axles I'm going to put dana44's front and back. ive got a tranny and transfercase out of a yj, np231, that already has the SYE so i will already have to get custom drive shafts made, and I'm thinking the 6-6.5 is probably my best bet. then ill just turn her into a flat deck, and take the saws-all to the front.

well now that ive got the figuered out type to start planning the bed.