"Biscuit" Project Progress - 8" Skyjacker on

OK, so I finally stopped conjecturing and decided to cut and fit the subframe for the skyjacker. I figured I'd have to cut and I did. For those wondering- this is about what needs to be removed to fit the Skyjacker sub-frame past the MJ LCA mount bracing:

bracecut1.jpg

bracecut2.jpg

The only issue I see is that the subframe uses the 2nd and 4th tranny crossmember mount holes and my crossmember was in the 1st and 3rd. I think this is from it being a 2.5L, so the supplied crossmember is probably going to have to be modified. It looks like it will hit the transfer case regardless of front/back position so I'll probably just have to custom make one. It also looks flimsy, just a ~2" square tube with a plate, and offers no protection so hopefully I'll come up with something better in the process. (Lower front of this pic:)

subframe.jpg

Ah, I spoke too soon. I followed this with the passenger side and then went to put the subframe on the driver side- and guess what? The highlighted part had to come out: (Note the small corner in the upper right- you can see this better in the result version)

bracecut2a.jpg

The result (final I hope) Driver Side:

driverfinal1.jpg

driverfinal2.jpg

Passenger:

passfinal.jpg

I know the silver paint makes it hard to see but it was the handiest can of rustoleum. These photos are before painting the cut metal the second time.

And for reference sake here is the uncut state:

http://www.jage.com/offsite/comancheclub/project/liftpieces/mount.jpg

Let's see, I used:

Air Cutoff Disk (~3")

Air Recriprocating Saw (tiny blade)*

Angle Grinder

Air Hammer

Crowbar

Hammer

Plyers

*This thing is awesome and I highly recommend one if you don't have it (went through the supports like butter):

PTX5.jpg

• 1 year later...