Bump stops

If I am putting a 4.5" lift in my truck what size bump stops should I get? uppers? lowers?

Do I also need to add more/longer bumpstops for the rear?

also, what can I use for brakelines front and back? I don't want to buy expensive SS lines if I don't have too.

A lift won't necessitate longer bumpstops. Bigger tires necessitate longer bumpstops.

YJ brake lines can be used up front, 95 Dakota in the rear.

Well I have 37" tires and have done nothing to the key important bumpstop, so what is it I need to add to relevant this issue?

Hey Mini - did ya get to meet the Butterbean yet? He's got a barbeque place right up the road in Jasper. Damn good barbeque too. :cheers:

I met before at one of my Cage fights, not to impressed. An I heard some bad things of his, oh let's say his cleanliness, is not to much to be desired. So haven't went out of my way to get there. And now I'm back up in MI for the time being. Got some 4x4 trips coming up and it's closer going from MI then AL.

But did however go to a place called FULL MOON BBQ i think that's the name, was in Fultondale and have to say that was some good BBQ.

:D Da Buttahbean is just a typical central Alabama good ol' boy.

I'm always on the lookout for good BBQ places and I'll have to check out the FULL MOON BBQ next time I'm down that way. Best I've found so far is good old Dreamland BBQ. Mmmmmmmmmm

prolly just get some extended bumpstops to replace the factory ones and call it a day. but i never worried about mine, but then again prolly should of. :hmm:

But I don't know if I just get longer ones or keep the stock ones and add some to the bottom of the coil bucket.

What about the back. I will be keeping it spring under.

the front ones of aftermarket are made of poly little better than the rubber oEM ones. The rear you should'nt have to worry about unless you think you will be getting some good flexing.

But defintley cheaper going the hockey puck way. be doing that this week for mine.

What about the back. I will be keeping it spring under.

For the back, I generally recommend welding some steel to the axle rather than removing the bumpstop and trying to put a curved plate under it. I broke 3 of the 4 rear bumpstop bolts and I used tons of PB Blaster and time. :fs1:

I'm not a huge offroader, but isnt the purpose of the bumpstop, to keep the wheel tire combo from digging into the body at full articulation??? If you do the thing with the forklift, or on an articulation device, get your tires stuffed up in and if the tires hit the bumpstop before hitting the body, youre ok, but if they hit the body, you probably need longer bumpstops. That would take some proper measuring and fabrication or whatever. I'm sure it would be different for everybody depending on the amount of lift, backspacing etc. And some really good BBQ is at Dirty Ernies Rib Shack, just up the road from the New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia!