Help! How do remove my windshield wipers?

I'm sure this is obvious but I'm struggling and don't want to force anything and break stuff. I've done that too many times already! :oops: Please can someone tell me how get the wipers off. Not the blades but the wiper arms. I need to get access to under the cover panel and sort out the windshield washer points as one of them has dropped out of position. Here's some pics. The thing with the tab slides out to hold the wiper blades off the glass for snow but they don't seem to also lock the arms into position. The arms move up/down on the splines a little so they're not rusted in place.

Any ideas guys? :hmm:

Thanks, L :cheers:

That piece you slide out on the side releases them then if stuck put a flat head under it and twist while working it off. Can be hard to get off so it might need alittle force. Mine are always frozen on it and need some help. tyr working them straight up as well equal pressure on both sides.

Cole

Thanks guys, I'll go give it another try with a little more force then. :thumbsup: I'll post pics of the bits I destroy as the screw driver slips, cuts my thumb, scratches the paint and goes through the plastic trim ;)

Thanks guys, I'll go give it another try with a little more force then. :thumbsup: I'll post pics of the bits I destroy as the screw driver slips, cuts my thumb, scratches the paint and goes through the plastic trim ;)

Reminds me of that circulating eMail about how to give your cat a pill. :rotf: