Add a leaf question`

If they are XJ springs with XJ instructions they won't apply as MJ springs are longer. A leaf long enough to fit directly under the main leaf of an XJ will fit lower down on an MJ.

The add-a-leaf will go below the next longest one and above the next shortest one (unless there is no shorter leaf), with the possible exceptiong being the overload leaf. The main part of the leaf pack should be stacked with the longest on top, the shortest on the bottom and as Pete pointed out, the overload always on the very bottom below the rest of them.

If they are XJ springs with XJ instructions they won't apply as MJ springs are longer. A leaf long enough to fit directly under the main leaf of an XJ will fit lower down on an MJ.

The add-a-leaf will go below the next longest one and above the next shortest one (unless there is no shorter leaf), with the possible exceptiong being the overload leaf. The main part of the leaf pack should be stacked with the longest on top, the shortest on the bottom and as Pete pointed out, the overload always on the very bottom below the rest of them.

:agree: Exactly...

Don't count the factory MJ overload leaf. It normally doesn't make contact with the rest of the spring pack. You want to fit the AAL into the rest of the pack wherever it goes so the lengths go progressively from shortest on the bottom to longest just beneath the main leaf.

how many pounds should the center bolt on spring be tightend?

:hmm: That's a question I can say never came to my mind and I have never heard before...

I always just tighten them down good & snug and leave it at that. Never had an issue.

I agree with everyone above on the placement of the leaf within the spring pack. You should NEVER install an add-a-leaf below the factory 2nd stage (overload) leaf.

The torque chart in the Chilton's manual shows 15 ft. lbs. for a 3/8" grade 2 bolt and 25 ft.lbs. for a grade 5 bolt.