wtf Mesh headlight covers

Trying to find the mesh headlight covers for the MJ.... I tried a bunch of searches, ebay, etc... I know I've seen them on here somewhere? Where did you get yours?

I like your rig... where did you get that sticker on your hood?

so like these?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Headlight-Stone-Guards-Black-Mesh-Regal-Malibu-Cutlass_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38661QQihZ018QQitemZ280303300626QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

JC Whitney used to carry them. Don't worry if they don't lift the MJ -- they list them for the YJ Wrangler, and as long as they are for the same rectangular headlights, they'll fit.

I was wonderin' about if the YJ lights were the same... jamminz.gif

posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=143882#

I had the decal custom made probably close 6-7 years ago, its got its signs of wear but still looks good and gives the truck character :D

Anyway here are the excat 1s i bought and that are on my truck...the price has gone up alittle but its still a cheap buy :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-3-8-X7 ... ccessories

I didn`t think anyone still bought those things :eek: , I just trashed a pair last week that were on my YJ

I fitted them on my rig because most of my off-road travel is in Baja, and often in mixed convoys of 4WDs and bikes while we move to a remote location to set up, so rocks are always getting thrown around as we drive.

I didn`t think anyone still bought those things :eek: , I just trashed a pair last week that were on my YJ

I fitted them on my rig because most of my off-road travel is in Baja, and often in mixed convoys of 4WDs and bikes while we move to a remote location to set up, so rocks are always getting thrown around as we drive.

I get rocks when traveling to and from the passes around here (pac NW)... sometimes on fire roads shuttling mtb's

This forum is productive... I should have got off the mtb forums years ago and concentrated on this venue.... jamminz.gif

I had the decal custom made probably close 6-7 years ago, its got its signs of wear but still looks good and gives the truck character :D

Anyway here are the excat 1s i bought and that are on my truck...the price has gone up alittle but its still a cheap buy :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-3-8-X7 ... ccessories

Who did that decal for you? Is it a rub on?

So do these stone gaurds just mount under the light fixtures?

Thanks for your help everybody!

Being how long that decal has been on there and still surviving, I would say it was done with a gerber edge or similar machine that prints on vinyl using foils instead of inks. It wouldn't be rub on, but rather an adhesive sign vinyl. I have a part time job making signs like that and can make single color decals in my basement on a vinyl cutter. I didn't make that sign, but have done many others like that.

Being how long that decal has been on there and still surviving, I would say it was done with a gerber edge or similar machine that prints on vinyl using foils instead of inks. It wouldn't be rub on, but rather an adhesive sign vinyl. I have a part time job making signs like that and can make single color decals in my basement on a vinyl cutter. I didn't make that sign, but have done many others like that.

One time I noticed a set of stickers like this in a USA flag pattern and somebody else told me that multiple colors wouldn't be possible.... it looked like this...

420d39e5ae2a1.jpg?1172519021

would the Comanche tailgate decals be able to be done up in a flag pattern?

The guards I got require that you remove the lamp mounting surround, and install the clips underneath. That's why the surrounds get bent out of shape upon reinstallation.

Next time, I'll just RTV them onto the lamp itself. I wasn't smart enough to think of that the first time around.

The guards I got require that you remove the lamp mounting surround, and install the clips underneath. That's why the surrounds get bent out of shape upon reinstallation.

Next time, I'll just RTV them onto the lamp itself. I wasn't smart enough to think of that the first time around.

Good to know; may try the RTV trick myself

One time I noticed a set of stickers like this in a USA flag pattern and somebody else told me that multiple colors wouldn't be possible.... it looked like this...

420d39e5ae2a1.jpg?1172519021

would the Comanche tailgate decals be able to be done up in a flag pattern?

Well, yes and no. The guy couldn't do those in multiple colors because he didn't have a vinyl printer (either foil or 4 color process ink), I have limited access to a printer and have a cutter so I can only do single color most of the time. I am working on making some of the rear tailgate decals right now, Once I get them right (my problem right now is that AMC Jeep and Chryco Jeep logos are slightly different) I will sell them in all of the colors I will be able to get a hold of, If I get access to a printer, the possibilities are endless. Also, I am going to try and make the old sportruck and pioneer decals that ran the full length of the truck, I am having a very difficult time finding any artwork for that though, let alone measurements. Ill post another thread about this in the pub in a few weeks once I get all my $#!& together.

:hijack: O.K. so I hijacked this thread. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to purchase a set of these headlight covers for me and send them to me. I will pay what they cost and shipping and throw in a few extra bucks for your trouble. I am asking because I only have work access and they blocked Ebay. I also have no credit cards. PM me if you are willing to help me out. :cheers: