Heads up on crank sensor

Yo!

Yep, I had a breakdown of electrical, ignition on a bridge. Not funny. Overall it costed me 400$(towing) for a :

Crank sensor cable that melted on the exaust. Just cut the wire, reweld it together, replug.

So if you have a spare minute, just check the routing of your cable to save you a couple of hundred dollars to see if it doesn't fall in the headers/exaust. :doh:

Image from PETE M,from another thread thx. (pete, don't flame me please! It's for a good cause!)

Mine was touching the exaust, obviously.

Yep...that is good advice. This is a fairly common issue as a lot of people just don't think to look at how those wires are run and don't realize how close they are to the exhaust or how easy it is to accidentally move them close when doing other work. :thumbsup:

Where exactly is that wire?

It's time to trash the planet!

When you pop the hood, it's in the middle near the firewall behind the engine block. You can unplug it from top, but if you want to unscrew it, you have to be under the truck, just behind the front wheel.

On my 2.5L at least. Not sure about the 4.0 :hmm:

It's the same on a 4.oh, really. The plug for it comes off the injector harness near the back of the head, and it runs straight down and over a bitsy to the driver's side top of the bellhousing.

I had a melted one. It didn't melt through though. Another one the wires broke. I'm not sure WHAT I did that caused that. Since the driveline shouldn't move around enough for it to get cut or pulled apart. Ohwell.

Image from PETE M,from another thread thx. (pete, don't flame me please! It's for a good cause!)

Why would I flame you? :hmm: Any pic in my photo account is free for anyone's use. Also, it's not even my photo. :D