what long arm kit would you pick on a budget?

what lift kit would you pick if your on a 2000 dollar budget and want long arms  

14 members have voted

1. 1. what lift kit would you pick if your on a 2000 dollar budget and want long arms

• Motion
    • RE
    • CLAYTON (5 months of saving)

ok so i can get RE long arm kit for 1970 shipped to me in canadian dollars or more for motion offroads. also how much better is clayton compared to RE I'm going with there 5.5 inch lift if i do go for it. and if i get the RE i can buy my 8.8 now and start buying stuff for my comanche... this is my first lift kit ive ever done so maybe after i finish this one in a few years i'll be familiar about parts and make my own lift kit and sliders and bumpers but for now I'm gonna do the easy way and pay

Even though I have been a die-hard RE fan for years, I voted Motion on this one. I like their kit because it has HD steering repalcement included and it uses all springs (6.5"). I was surprised to see that RE kit used springs & spacers up front and is still 1" less (5.5") lift than Motions :nuts: .

I know that the bolt on SOA rear has been a topic of debate, but I don't see anything wrong with it. If you don't like it...just weld it...it's that simple ;) .

TNT is under 2K & is a direct bolt on for the MJ

RE stuff is nice but when spending 2K I don`t want to have to modify the kit to make it fit

IMO the TNT belly/skid plate is a better design then the RE belly/skid

RE hands down.

at least they have a good reputation...

Are you saying that Motion and Clayton's do NOT have good reputations? I haven't heard anything negative about either company's kit, and I know a LOT of people who have been very happy with their Clayton's kits.

I don't think anyone is saying that. Personally, I haven't done any work with the Motion and Clayton kits. I'm sure they are decent or good kits. I have done an extensive amount of work with the RE kits on various platforms (TJs,XJs,MJs,ZJs, even some prototype WJ and YJ kits...) I can vouch for the kit.

Now like any other "mass produced" product, there will be some flaws. Nothing is perfect, for any lift kit/any brand. With all of my years in the business I have seen RE have one of the best reputations out there. With minimal problems, be it parts, design, customer service, which ever.