E brake assembly

Ok well just moved back to hawaii. Tried to get it registered and they won't do it cuz the e brake doesnt hold. I even had this problem trying to get in on the boat, had to go from long beach to san diego to a different shipping company. What a hassle. Anyway, i tried while i was up there to see if it was fixable. But its not, so just need some info on where to buy one. So far all i turned up is junkyards, and that sux. Scotty's jeep in cali had one, but i was in a hurry to get it on a boat and home. Any one got any answers?

I had the same problem. The teeth on the assembly were wore out and it needed replaced. The price for the new assembly was $265 and by the way, they don't make them any longer. Consequently, the junk yard was my only option. They are a pain to take off and put on. If you are married to a gymnist, I suggest you have her do it.

Anyway, if you found someone that has one and you cannot find one at a junk yard, you may want to call them and have them ship it. It may be your only option.

You might want to post an ad in the classifieds. Plenty of us don't have inspections in our neck of the woods and I'm sure someone would be willing to help you out. :thumbsup:[/quote

You know i don't know why we have inspections, maybe cuz they tried to crack down on people like this.

Image Not Found

Thanks for the help though.

That looks absolutely STUPID... :shake: The wheels are about 8 inches too wide for those tires :roll:

At least I'm not the only one who hates them! There all just road toads.If you look at that pic its front drive shaft aint on either.

it should be possible to swap in an XJ pull brake- holes already there- just need the main wire to equalizer and an xj assembly

Found a guy thats willing to sell me his assembly. wranglercory, he wants to do that exact conversion i guess. Any benefits or just buy your hand not your foot?

Found a guy thats willing to sell me his assembly. wranglercory, he wants to do that exact conversion i guess. Any benefits or just buy your hand not your foot?

Pretty much it. Was going to do the conversion myself but have other plans for the center console space.

There's a little more to the conversion than just throwing it in though. You have to modify the cable coming from the handle to the MJ center bracket. The XJ one is too short and if I remember right has a different end on it which won't allow it to hook up to the MJ cable going to the axles. I collected quite a few different e-brake parts that I was going to use and still may do it to the other project I have in the future. Not tough but just wanted to let you know your options.

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I got one from a wrecker but it didn't work either. I drilled out the rivets holding it together then ground the dog that engaged the gear to a sharp point. I put it back together with bolts. It worked perfectly.