Upgrade Brakes ?

Alright,I'll bite on this one.I know where the r/valve is but on mine the linkage is broke off.replace the rod (try)?

Wire it up or down? Or eliminate it out of the system?

Otherwise I would,make sure the master cyl is full.Bleed the brakes.inspect linings,go from there.

Alright,I'll bite on this one.I know where the r/valve is but on mine the linkage is broke off.replace the rod (try)?

Wire it up or down? Or eliminate it out of the system?

Otherwise I would,make sure the master cyl is full.Bleed the brakes.inspect linings,go from there.

There have been several threads discussing this. If it's not adjusted properly or not connected ... it's not working properly and there's a good chance you have NO rear brakes. I had one blow out on my '88 in a panic stop. Between that and the fact that adjusting it requires replacing a part that is no longer available ... I don't want it on my truck.

My choice, which may not be right for everyone, was to eliminate it. That means I now have full braking power to the rear wheels at all times -- which can cause early rear wheel lockup, and a spinout. I'm willing to accept that because I'm older than dirt, so I grew up with vehicles that had no proportioning valves and all acted like that. To me it's no big deal. To some of you younger guys, it's a factor to consider.

For you guys, I recommend eliminating the rear load-sensing valve and using a Wilwood manual adjustable proportioning valve in the line to the rear axle.

The short term "fix" is to strap it up so the thick bar is parallel to the ground. That's about the neutral position and if it works at all, that's where it should be for an empty bed..
This is what I have done with mine for now. The brakes are fine, but I will eventually get around to eliminating the valve as Eagle has done / suggested.

Sorry for not being familiar with this. Where is the rear proportioning valve? I looked in my Haynes Automotive Repair book and it said it takes a special tool and to carry it to the dealer for repair! You mentioned that there were several threads on brakes. How do I find these threads?