Who Knows What This Part Is?

I recently replaced both steel brake lines that run from the junction block below master cylinder out to the front wheelwells. When I was finished, I found two rubber blocks on the ground, apparently one from each side. For the life of me, I cannot figure out where they go, and my factory parts catalog offers me no clue. Does anyone know what these are for? They're about 1 inch square. Thanks!

Image Not Found

I recently replaced both steel brake lines that run from the junction block below master cylinder out to the front wheelwells. When I was finished, I found two rubber blocks on the ground, apparently one from each side. For the life of me, I cannot figure out where they go, and my factory parts catalog offers me no clue. Does anyone know what these are for? They're about 1 inch square. Thanks!

Image Not Found

Well if the truck drives and stop then I wouldn't worry about it.

2x

Not a good theory... If those being missing allow the lines to rub the frame...it may not keep stopping real well in the long run when the lines have a hole in them :idea: . You may not need to put them back in, but be sure that the lines are secure and not moving around and rubbing in a plcae that is going to cause failure. Brakes are nothing to take chances with or make ASSumptions about :no: .

Well if the truck drives and stop then I wouldn't worry about it.

2x

Not a good theory... If those being missing allow the lines to rub the frame...it may not keep stopping real well in the long run when the lines have a hole in them :idea: . You may not need to put them back in, but be sure that the lines are secure and not moving around and rubbing in a plcae that is going to cause failure. Brakes are nothing to take chances with or make ASSumptions about :no: .

I've hunted high and low for a probable location. The short driver side line is unsupported from manifold to wheelwell grommet. The passenger side line is held to firewall by standoff brackets. Agree with the line in the groove, I'm also thinking the would have been held in place by not just the line. I've looked at other XJ's, and not seen these parts. I've never seen another MJ around here to look at. Usually the factory parts manual is really good about showing even the tiniest of parts, but I cannot find these shown anywhere. BTW, I don't usually have "leftover" parts, and I really would like to get then exactly where they belong. You should have seen the lines I removed! They crumbled in my hands.

Cannot imagine how they held pressure for the 2000+/- miles I drove this thing before the discovery.

Thanks!

I've hunted high and low for a probable location. The short driver side line is unsupported from manifold to wheelwell grommet. The passenger side line is held to firewall by standoff brackets. Agree with the line in the groove, I'm also thinking the would have been held in place by not just the line. I've looked at other XJ's, and not seen these parts. I've never seen another MJ around here to look at. Usually the factory parts manual is really good about showing even the tiniest of parts, but I cannot find these shown anywhere. BTW, I don't usually have "leftover" parts, and I really would like to get then exactly where they belong. You should have seen the lines I removed! They crumbled in my hands.

Cannot imagine how they held pressure for the 2000+/- miles I drove this thing before the discovery.

Thanks!