MJ sagging front ( rustys coils )

OK I have had enough of these garbage rustys coils :evil: damn MJ leans to one side and it's makin me crazy.

does anyone know who makes the stiffest/ highest rate front coils? rustys are 150lb rate but with the warn winch bumper and winch the coils have sagged to about 3" of lift instead of the 4.5" they are supposed to be and the DS has sagged another 1" past the pass side

I am thinking I might have to run a 6.5" coil to keep the MJ at 4.5 with the weight up front

any ideas?

Carmine...I have no help for you as far as technical data on spring rate, but I can't resist saying that I can't believe yo uare still dealing with that Rusty's crap after all you have been through :eek:

Check with Adam at Motion Offraod or Tom at Hell Creek Suspensions... :idea:

Personally...I am real happy with my RE coils :thumbsup:

Carmine...I have no help for you as far as technical data on spring rate, but I can't resist saying that I can't believe yo uare still dealing with that Rusty's crap after all you have been through :eek:

Check with Adam at Motion Offraod or Tom at Hell Creek Suspensions... :idea:

Personally...I am real happy with my RE coils :thumbsup:

I am still dealing with em cause I havent had the cash to replace them, But it is making me crazy to see the ole girl lean like it is broke . So I figure do the reaserch now and fix it after the first of the year.

I realy don't wan to have to fight with it again so I wanna make sure I get the right springs.

It seems the LWB MJ has a tendancy to sag to one side since the gas tank is on the DS and I usualy ride by myself and take into account the warn bumper and winch together weigh about 250lb+ I am gonna need a strong set o coils

fyi, rusty doesnt make the coils. (and another fyi, i HATE Rustys so I'm not sticking up for him).

i have his 6.5in coils and a winch and they still lifted it 6.5 inches.

any idea who rustys gets there springs from? so I can STAY AWAY from them!

what kind of winch mont do you have? I have the warn winch bumper which is way damn heavy it's gotta be around 200lbs by itself . thats one of the reasons why the crustys springs are now about dead.

With a heavy bumper you should have ordered the 180 pound coils (of course, I assume they still sell them). I've got Rusty's 3" 180# coils and they've held up pretty good (aside from the fact that they are as rusty as my Rusty's trackbar mount :shake: )

With a heavy bumper you should have ordered the 180 pound coils (of course, I assume they still sell them). I've got Rusty's 3" 180# coils and they've held up pretty good (aside from the fact that they are as rusty as my Rusty's trackbar mount :shake: )

Funny you should say that pete, I specificly told rustys when I ordered there lift kit " i have an extremely heavy warn winch bumper , will you coils hold up?" they said " sure no problem"

and since they sold the same bumper/mount on there web site I thought at the time they knew what they where talking about :roll:

Another option would be a set of adjustable coil spacers. I don't know what your financial stand on this subject is, but, they are a little pricey. The bright side is that you can adjust them according to any changes you may have with no need to buy another set of coils... Plus you get to keep the lighter coil rate for a softer ride...

just my 2 cents :dunno:

Another option would be a set of adjustable coil spacers. I don't know what your financial stand on this subject is, but, they are a little pricey. The bright side is that you can adjust them according to any changes you may have with no need to buy another set of coils... Plus you get to keep the lighter coil rate for a softer ride...

just my 2 cents :dunno:

Ithough about that , but the front DS coil is so broken down it is way to soft . it is almost collapsed so the lower coils are touching themselves